Sad news from Karena

Moderator: Muzorewa

karena
Supreme Being

Re: Sad news from Karena

Post by karena » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 am

:lol: definitely a grottle to grottle sale me thinks - those cottages used to be workers cottages for the mill Marks parents lived in one in the 60's - rent just under a shilling a week.would have been nice to be down there though just one of those mad thoughts i keep having.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 am

karena wrote::lol: definitely a grottle to grottle sale me thinks - those cottages used to be workers cottages for the mill Marks parents lived in one in the 60's - rent just under a shilling a week.would have been nice to be down there though just one of those mad thoughts i keep having.
Probably aimed at a banker who wants to salve their conscience and 'get back to nature', living like the common people (or their Larkrise to Candleford idea of them) but with Bang & Olufson gear, blackberry etc., with organic vegetables, chickens 'n stuff, guava and kiwi smoothies etc., and some excellent wine. 4WD Porsche MPV will handle the terrain. Purchase price will be peanuts to them. The rest they'll have stashed in lucrative ('ethical') investments somewhere.

Cynical? Moi? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Dont want to feel offensive or ill feeling or anything but we've just seen keith on love thy neighbor, the programme shown on c4 with the house in grassington. Karen and keith had mentioned it last year so we've been watching it.
Typical keith with the hat on. makes me think back.
mike, jo and emma
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 am

not offended mate have been expecting it and it may well happen again - they were filming for 8 weeks cameras in your face all the time and keith went over almost every day - we used to meet for a coffee at my lunch break.the hat will be taking the place of honour on the dash with the dolphins.

As for the potential buyers of my fantasy cottage wonder how they'll cope when the river floods and the rats come calling -still maybe they,ll be ok with their own kind.

Return to “North West”