Disneyland March

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Disneyland March

Post by fatcatlawyer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:24 pm

To satisfy my daughter's long term wish to visit the Princesses at Disneyland, I happened upon the "Sun" tokens offer. (Not a paper I would normally buy but picked up a copy someone had left in the Hospital waiting area) So a phone call later to my daughter put us on track to make the trek to Paris. The ferry in March did not appeal so we have used our tesco vouchers to travel on the chunnel. This also means that we have two days to travel instead of the one allotted.

Proposal so far is that we cross at about 2pm and travel to a Formule1 hotel at Clichy Sous Bois, have a nights sleep before the day of babyminding whilst daughter, her husband and grandaughter make themselves sick on the rides, and then as the park closes make our way back to Calais and the Chunnel home.

On arrival in the UK find a space to kip down for a few hours and then return to Stratford and Chesterfield.

Anyone got any tips - Route is flexible.

Ian G
cozmo1589
Bongolier

Re: Disneyland March

Post by cozmo1589 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:26 pm

We have just come back from there, Chunnel crossing was at 2pm, journey was 3 1/2 hrs (in the snow) and we were sat in the O'Berge restaurant eating our meal with the Princesses at 8pm the same evening. We were visiting our daughter at Christmas who works there as one of the performing characters, not allowed to say which one but what i can say is her "home" is right dead centre of the actual park if you get my drift!! PM me if you need anymore details, happy to advise :D
ML 270 CDi
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Bet that's the job from hell! Certain members of staff aren't allowed to talk are they? My worst nightmare :wink:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
cozmo1589
Bongolier

Post by cozmo1589 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes it can be a bit hush hush at times, we and she have to be careful what we say to whom and when while at the park but as from being the job from hell, our 18 year old daughter is having the time of her life, to have on your CV that you had a major position within the Disney Corporation is priceless as is the experience she is gaining from the job itself and living in France. Wish i spent my first years doing that than working under oily cars in a crappy garage !!
ML 270 CDi
maviczap

Post by maviczap » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Holiday Inn at Ashford is very convienient if you're getting on there, not too expensive. Thats where we stayed overnight before travelling. I don't know of any budget hotels in Ashford

But we were in Disneyland for 3 nights, as you would have trouble doing it all in one day. But if that's all you've got, then so be it.

Best holiday I've had with my 2 girls, except for the German van hitting the rear of our Zafira (before the Bongo) on the way to Ashford. :(

He didn't bank on my wife screaming at him in German, what a dumkopfh he was :D
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Well we is back! Had an absolutely fabulous time. With both wifey and daughter on mobility scooters there was very limited space for the seven of us, two scooters and the stuff needed by a one year old - pushchair et al! Even with the trailer on board.

Bongo behaved impecably. Haydens warning buzzer sounded after a very fast trip down the M20 to catch the chunnel. So a quick top up sorted that. An hour later after coming out of a French supermarket I happened upon a suspicious pool of water languishing at side of Bongo, "Oh dear" I said (well it was something like that). Wifey asked the problem and I pointed out the cause of my distress - only for her to say "Oh that, - I ve just rinsed out the baby's bottle"

The people at Disney were super very helpful and could not do enough for those disabled. Princesses were met and both daughter and grandaughter were pleased to have been there particfularly as, after waiting in a queue for ten minutes were approached and sent to the front with the kind words that it their policy to save the disabled from waiting too long. My Daughter was so overcome she started to cry.

The weather was very kind, and though we had taken all our heavy coats only to leave them in the bongo and go round in just shirts! Temperature must have been above 20 degrees.

No regrets whatsover. THATS WHY WE HAVE A BONGO.

Yours Ian G
maviczap

Post by maviczap » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:54 am

Excellent I'm glad you had a good time and the Bongo served you well.

We going for the 2nd time in July, so I'm looking forward to that, although we're letting the train take the strain & we're getting on at Ebbsfleet

Return to “Going Abroad”