TRAVEL COTS AND BONGO CAMPER CONVERSIONS

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

ROXY

TRAVEL COTS AND BONGO CAMPER CONVERSIONS

Post by ROXY » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 pm

I am looking to get a travel cot for our 9 month son. We have a Bongo with full side conversion and rock and roll bed. The intention is for one parent to sleep on the bed with the travel cot beside them. The other parent will be in the roof or awning tent.
However I am not sure if a travel cot will fit on the rock and roll bed and give enough room for an adult to sleep there as well.
Anybody any experience in this area, suggestion etc?
Roxy
Griffin
Bongolier

Re: TRAVEL COTS AND BONGO CAMPER CONVERSIONS

Post by Griffin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:34 am

Do you mean a travel cot or a Moses basket ? I can't imagine a full size travel cot fitting especially with a side conversion. Others have used a Childs bed over the front seats (basically 2 poles with canvas between them) but I guess it all comes down to the age of your child. My 2 have slept in the roof since they were about 5 with bed boards but guessing yours is much younger.

Hope you find a solution
ROXY

Post by ROXY » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:41 am

I guess your right. I cannot see how a normal travel cot will fit on a rock and roll bed with an adult. Our son is eight months old and a bit big for his Moses basket.
Any further suggestions?
Roxy
thegreenman
Bongonaut

Post by thegreenman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

We had our little girl sleeping up in the roof when she was just over 1 year old. She slept over the cab sideways on and we used a fold up bed side thingy wifh legs that went under the matress to keep it in place. She was always a good sleeper so as long as she was wam enough it was never a problem.

Using this system also meant we could keep the trapdoor open so we would hear her as soon as she woke up.

By the time she was 2 she had established the upper deck as her domain and really looked forward to sleeping there.
Getcarter
Bongolier

Post by Getcarter » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:57 pm

We have a 9 moth old and she sleeps with her mum on an air-bed on top of the unconverted seats. The 4 year old sleeps in a cab bed across the front seats and me in the roof. Seems to work well and we don't need a cot or anything for the little one.

I can also watch a DVD in the roof when everyone has gone to bed early!
V6 Tintop with LPG
ROXY

Post by ROXY » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Just been looking at this bed arangement to go over the front seat. Supplied by VW Beds
http://www.vw-beds.com/products/bongo.html
Seems OK but not sure if it would stop a baby rolling out
Roxy

Return to “Bongoing with Children”