Easter Meet anyone?

Moderator: Muzorewa

Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Re: Easter Meet anyone?

Post by Debs and David » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 am

That's a brilliant amount of money raised for the community hall etc.

Just been to the doctors about my cough as I now feel 10 times worse than at weekend and apparently I have a chest infection so have started on the amoxicillin, should kick in in 48 hours. Sorry for being such a party pooper over the weekend but I really did feel rough.

As for the dogs I thought they were all pretty well behaved overall, apart from one that was allowed to roam untethered and was weeing on people's tents, including our awning!

When is the steam gathering? Couldn't make it last year, so depending on when it is will be defo interested.

Thanks again to Jo and Chris =D> =D>
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
JDS
Bongolier

Post by JDS » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Wow what a great meet, we brought some friends with us and they couldnt get over how friendly and relaxed everyone was not like other motorhome rallies they have been on.

A big thankyou to Jo and Chris for superb organisation and great you made over £800 for the community hall.

Great to meet friends old and new.

See you all soon.
Dave & Jeanette
Auto-sleeper Broadway EL Duo Motorhome (A very overgrown Bongo)
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Fantastic weekend many thanks to Jo&Chris for their brilliant organising, to everybody for making this meet so wonderful, the children all got on so well and played together brilliantly!!! Great to meet up with friends old and new :wink: Thanks to Oz for spotting the Camelback bladder at the car boot :wink: Funds for the village hall are impressive as was the weather =D> =D> =D> My Father in law came and had a great time as did Graces friend Shannon, she is already asking where the next meet is :wink: great photos added so far :wink: best wishes to all from us :)
Image Pete
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Ethan had a great time inbetween bike falls and nose bleeds :?

Thanks Harry for the first aid and to anyone who donated their first aid kit

And a big THANKS to Grandad for bringing six kitchen rolls -just enough for the nose bleeds!
Last edited by Peg leg Pete on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Pete
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 pm

p.s many thanks to the judges who had a hard task picking winners from such a fiune array of eggs and bonnets!!
Last edited by Peg leg Pete on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Pete
bongodonkey
Tribal Elder

Post by bongodonkey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello all,

What a fantastic meet it was.

Our very first one and we couldn't of asked for better weather or more friendly and helpful people.

Made some nice friends and we can't thank Pete, Gillian, Grace, Shannon and Ethan for looking after our girls enough.

Big thank you to DBO and Tommo for their assistance in sorting some niggles out on me bongo.

Our girls are already asking for another 'bongo holiday', in fact so am I!

Brilliant weekend and we can't wait to go to another meet again.

Oz et famil
Oz, Sam & the girls | 2001 V6 AFT | LPG | 321Away F/S/C | A Bongo called OLIVE
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks Jo and Chris for this one, never been so tired after a Bongo meet, all that sitting around, reading, sunbathing.really takes it out of you!!! Another fab time with good friends , what more could you want?
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

A few more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
The Shadow
Bongonaut

Post by The Shadow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:59 pm

We all enjoyed the weekend, thanks to...for organising it.
Arriving in the dark we were lucky to find the meet, tucked away down the lane, and 'wow how dark it was!'We were met
with a warm welcome from Pete and the night sky provided a great view of the stars.
The sunshine helped of course to make the weekend, and the good company ensured that there was something for everyone.
The kids made new friends and enjoyed the Easter Bonnet and Egg competition, the numerous games, the chinese lanterns and
geocaching in the local area.
The adults also enjoyed the Easter Bonnet competition, perhaps too much! (see the photo's for the evidence)
Barbeques, Jacob's Join, card games, lanterns, bike rides, walks, chess, the list is endless, all in all a good time was
had by all.
Nathan was the first to update his facebook page when we arrived home saying he had had a 'Brilliant time'.

Dave and Rachel

Dave...

Bald Guys never have a bad hair day.

Return to “North West”