Recharged

Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Recharged

Post by Bogmonster40 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Just back from a fantastic holiday in Egypt, so been off the forum for some time. Thought i would suprise my wife for her 40th birthday, did not tell her where we were going till we got to the airport, then she had a panic attack worried about all the trouble !
Fortunately we were booked into an awesome hotel in Hurghada which was less than 10% full, so all the staff could not do enough for us.
Seriously though if someone fancies a break "Bongo watching" in Hurghada i can highly recomend the "Grand Siva beach" hotel.

Right got to catch up on all the posts i have missed now, and with all these petrol price rises i definitely need to have an LPG conversion done ASAP.
Can anyone offer any suggestion of a suitable installer in the Caerphilly area ?

Regards and hi again.... :oops:
V6 2.5i Tintop Aero Petrol/LPG
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Re: Recharged

Post by wishmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Bogmonster,glad to here you had a good holiday :D . You have a choice of two... Profess Gas on Penallta Ind Est. in Ystrad Mynach will convert your bongo for about £1100 or Mint Lpg conversions in Rhiwderin Nr. Newport(thats where we had ours done) at a cost of £1650. No connection to either by the way :!:
Your welcome to have a look around ours if you like mate :)
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
flossie
Tribal Elder

Post by flossie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:34 am

Had mine done at Profess ... after the first recalibration all running good - you're lucky you have 2 good converters on your doorstep who are reasonably priced (you can fill up at each converters too afterwards as they generally offer more competitively priced LPG than garages too)

How long were you away?!
Liz
'99 V6 White over Silver - as yet unconverted but I may be converted!
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks both i am going to get that booked in asap. Is there any reason for the £500 price difference between the 2 ???
I would very much appreciate having a look at yours if i could as i am very interested in how it is done + i have some questions which hopefully you will be able to answer for me :oops:

We only went away for a week as my wife had to be back for an exam - mores the pity cos i could have happily stayed out there for another 2 weeks !!
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:30 am

PM sent Bogmonster :)

IZZY

lpgimports
Bongolier

Post by lpgimports » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:50 pm

There are Sony Bravia HD wide Screen Sooper dooper colour TV's and then there are woolworth own brand ones..........

Most important is do they know what they are doing, is it a known make, do they know what a Bongo is.... unknown systems in the future can be a problem for service and repairs and when it comes to resale a known system adds value.

Paul
Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I have bitten the bullet and finally handed over the keys of my baby for a conversion.
Are there any guidelines for driving with a gas conversion ?? this is obviously new to me and i dont want to not use this to its best....
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Wed May 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Which converters did you take it to after Bogmonster :?:

IZZY

Bogmonster40
Bongolier

Post by Bogmonster40 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Izzy - i went to "Profess Autogas" Very happy with their professionalism. Heres to hoping i am not one of those that has problems.....

Return to “Wales/Cymru”