MacDonalds wifi in France

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

scanner
Supreme Being

Re: MacDonalds wifi in France

Post by scanner » Fri May 20, 2011 3:22 pm

If you read it right that wasn't replying to you as I quite agree you cannot compare McD to a private individual.

So it is quite OK to take advantage of an evil multinational "slave driver", but not some nice local rip off merchant then? Some small local businesses are often way more nasty than even the McD's of the world.

As I've said I hold no brief for McD, but neither do I think they are the devil incarnate (quite). They serve a purpose in offering jobs to the otherwise unemployable and at the very least they do have a "career" structure for those with more than one functioning braincell.

All I don't want to see is the benefit eroded because too many people just take advantage - one one thing they aren't (contrary to the Ronald McDonald myth) is a charity and if too many treat them as one the "free" may at some time come with strings attached.

Jeez - I'm only trying to bring some politeness back into life...........if somebody gives me something, I don't see what's wrong with being grateful.
binky

Post by binky » Fri May 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Wonderful thread: It's OK to slurp up the free wifi provided by a 'corrupt, slave-driving, morally bankrupt, unethical, global multi-national corporate which poisons the minds and stomachs of our children, ' as long as you don't buy any of their food.

=D>

You couldn't make this up.

One of McD's CEO's was on the radio last year. He was asked why McD's was so popular. 'People like what we sell' was the answer.
Alacrity
Tribal Elder

Post by Alacrity » Mon May 23, 2011 12:06 pm

scanner wrote:
Alacrity wrote:
missfixit70 wrote:Are you seriously trying to give people a guilt complex about using freely provided wireless from Mcdonalds? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: If it was a family owned business or other worthy cause, I'd fully agree - but Mcdonalds??????? Heard it all now :lol: :lol:
Yup I'm completely happy to "freeload" from them, I'll even go & use their toilets too & still not buy anything :wink:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
So it's OK to call at your place to use the WiFi and toilets is it?
Any chance of getting my auto box checked over for free while I'm there?

All I said was it's POLITE to buy something.

The kiwis who borrowed my bongo last year went in to a McD to use the wifi without buying anything, but just out of politeness asked if it was OK first.
The manager was quite happy about it and after about 20 mins brought them over a coffee each "on the house" to welcome them to Britain.

Politeness can pay dividends. :wink:
:roll: We don't charge to check auto boxes here scanner - unless we have to plug in a diagnostic tool - which I can't do on a Bongo. So whilst I am checking your gearbox FOC you are most welcome to use my facilities & I will happily give you my WiFi code. As MF says though I am not a multinational making millions of pounds out of feeding people junk though. But you are still welcome. :D

I spend half my life both on the phone & in person politely dishing out free advice, many's the time a customer will be happy to take it until I suggest the only way forward is to scan the vehicle, for which there is a charge, & at that point they don't want to know anymore. That's life I'm afraid, deal with it or go work for someone.

Any time you are passing . . . :lol:
35+ years working with autogearboxes - all day every day......for my sins
slow_n_low
Bongolier

Post by slow_n_low » Mon May 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Wow so he uses MacDs free wifi and doesnt buy a cuppa :shock: big deal shes just like the other 95% of us then. Scanner just because she uses wifi at MacDs and doesnt buy anything doesnt mean she isnt polite or politeness is dissapearing :roll:
I think your comment was rude and there was no need for it, and we should be glad your not a traffic warden :lol:
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm

slow_n_low wrote:Wow so he uses MacDs free wifi and doesnt buy a cuppa :shock: big deal shes just like the other 95% of us then. Scanner just because she uses wifi at MacDs and doesnt buy anything doesnt mean she isnt polite or politeness is dissapearing :roll:
I think your comment was rude and there was no need for it, and we should be glad your not a traffic warden :lol:
Maybe I don't think you're very polite either, but it takes all sorts.

I'm now beginning to understand why so many companies do put restrictions on things like "free" wifi.
slow_n_low
Bongolier

Post by slow_n_low » Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 pm

I am very polite, just giving my opinion, it is a forum so opinions will come, i know there are lots that would like to say the same but hold back but there you go :P
triathlondave
Bongolier

Post by triathlondave » Wed May 25, 2011 9:58 am

I found it quite different in france.

We normally don't buy anything in british Mc D's

But in france the Coffee was better. And in quite a few had coffee shops, with french cakes as a separate shop.

So as their was good coffee and great cakes we bought something each time as their was products of a quality we wanted.

so used the WIFI and found it great just log on and use.

Back in england. Nothing worth eating don't go to mc D's

david.

Return to “Going Abroad”