Holiday idea wanted ...

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

platty345

Re: Holiday idea wanted ...

Post by platty345 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:38 am

Stay in the uk, Most kids like playing in the rain aswell as the sun,
Some lovely beaches northumberland way,
Have a good time where ever you end up.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Both Briwy and us have been to the Isle of Man this year, weather a bit mixed but great on culture and mini mountains. You have to squeeze your visits in between the TT and other motorbike races though. Upside is no maximum speed limit in the de-restricted zones, but it takes a bit of getting use to motorbikes wizzing past you at 150mph though.

Laxey Campsite is great with a wonderful wardner. You can also camp free at Sulby Glen ( public land) subject to getting a free permit (started this year) from the IOM government in advance. The site has toilet block and is policed by a wardner who makes sure that you do not overstay. (two weeks alowed with no return for three days). Another great place is Ramsay promanade next to the Swimming pool, you can park up there for a whole year for just £10.00 if you obtain a permit in advance from Ramsay Village Commissioners. I understand that you can use the swimming pool toilets & showers for a small charge.

But beware motorhomes are not allowed to park on Douglas promanade, although we got away with it in a Bongo.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Matt&JoyBongling
Tribal Elder

Post by Matt&JoyBongling » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:38 pm

We love camping in the UK and would not look to go overseas as much if the weather was more reliable and sunny :)

The South of France is looking better and better but we are still up in the air re work - my wife might have to return to work earlier than expected so we will have less than 2 weeks - down to 12 days so may not get across the channel.

Northumberland is beautiful but we will save our visit for when members of my family are back in Newcastle so we can meet up with them - they have decided to go on holiday to the south coast - maybe they heard that were were thinking of visiting ;)

The IOM sounds nice but a bit too similar to Anglesey which we toured last year. May make the trip in a couple of years to make the most of it.

So at the moment, it looks as though we will have less than 2 weeks in Suffolk unless the weather gets really bad and we go for a last min deal. Not quite what I had planned or hoped for :(
Underground, Overground, Bongoling Free, the Bonglers of Bedford, common are we ...

Return to “Going Abroad”