Stick On LED Strip Lights

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Re: Stick On LED Strip Lights

Post by mikexgough » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Remember............. LED DRL should come on with ignition....and either go off or dim with sidelights/dip beam and be E marked.....as for LED strips....it could be subjective according to the BiB

I guess.....and an MOT tester or DOT officer could confirm if LED strips could a) be connected to sidelights and b) if they are okay at night......

Me...I am all for LED and DRL....for safety reason, there are enough morons who drive about without any lights on as it is....so any are better than none

Dandeman has DRL's.... they are on with ign.....then when sidelights are on they dim but are still lit even at nights....so as not to dazzle as per EU and UK lighting regs....
You can also get DRL's that are as my previous description yet instead of dimming with sidelights they extinguish.

BTW guys....they look great...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Yea I checked with the garage mot tester and he said it is fine to wire em in to the side lights, anything to add brightness to the vehicle, next job is to polish up the headlamp lenses ready for winter.
Yakim_74
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Yakim_74 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi.
In Russia, too, have problems with "daytime running lights."
To keep the LED strip placed in the headlight. In the headlight is a convenient place for installation. Made in three hours. The inclusion of LEDs is when you start the engine. When you turn on parking lights or headlights, the LEDs are turned off.
I apologize for my English.
longhaul8
Tribal Elder

Post by longhaul8 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Yakim,

Those lights look good and your English is a lot better than my Russian.
georgeb

Post by georgeb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi Yakim

Great idea putting the leds in the headlamps.Just one question how did you get them inside the headlamp.

George
Yakim_74
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Yakim_74 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:00 am

Hi,George.
Glass headlight made from a polymer, which can make the hole using a drill or a soldering iron. I used a soldering iron. Make two holes on the sides of glass, measuring 15 by 15 millimeters at the platform level. The platform is located below the reflector headlamps. LED strip glued to PVC corner building, 10 by 10 millimeters (width LED strip 10 millimeters). On the second side of PVC corner put double-sided masking tape. Insert the PVC corner in headlight, double-sided masking tape sticks to the platform. Trim any excess PVC corner edges remain in the cavity holes for strength. Sealed the heated polyethylen.
Have been using for one year, all is well.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:58 am

Yakim_74 wrote:Hi.
In Russia, too, have problems with "daytime running lights."
To keep the LED strip placed in the headlight. In the headlight is a convenient place for installation. Made in three hours. The inclusion of LEDs is when you start the engine. When you turn on parking lights or headlights, the LEDs are turned off.
I apologize for my English.
=D> =D> =D> 8) 8) 8) (easily understood in any language! :wink: )
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Yakim_74 wrote:Hi,George.
Glass headlight made from a polymer, which can make the hole using a drill or a soldering iron. I used a soldering iron. Make two holes on the sides of glass, measuring 15 by 15 millimeters at the platform level. The platform is located below the reflector headlamps. LED strip glued to PVC corner building, 10 by 10 millimeters (width LED strip 10 millimeters). On the second side of PVC corner put double-sided masking tape. Insert the PVC corner in headlight, double-sided masking tape sticks to the platform. Trim any excess PVC corner edges remain in the cavity holes for strength. Sealed the heated polyethylen.
Have been using for one year, all is well.
Fantastic idea.... :idea: 8) Like putting a ship in a bottle..!! =D> :mrgreen: :arrow:

Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
danielo

Post by danielo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:31 am

tonnee wrote:Got mine form Ebay for around £1.99 but I have also seen them sold on Amazon as well.

Still not fitted mine but I will be simply connecting them to the sidelights
Have you got a link to the ones you got?
tonnee
Bongolier

Post by tonnee » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 am

Got mine form here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x24-LED-Line ... 5645ed08a2

These are blue but mine were white
1995 Bongo Auto Free Top 4WD

http://www.justgiving.com/tony-sahara
tonnee
Bongolier

Post by tonnee » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Actually go tround to fitting them at the weekend, stuck them along the top pf the headlights, they fit perfectly in the gap betweem the bonnet lip and headlight, i'll get some pics this week
1995 Bongo Auto Free Top 4WD

http://www.justgiving.com/tony-sahara

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”