engine diagnostics V6

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

cheffy34
Supreme Being

Re: engine diagnostics V6

Post by cheffy34 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:43 pm

davidneeves wrote:thanks for the reply looks like that socket wont tell me a lot then.my bongo just seems to make a lot of noise but with no power, the engine runs smoothly enough with no misfires .i have replaced the air filter and spark plugs .i think next job is to have a look at the distributer cap and rotor arm.could any one let me know if the dizy cap is easy to get at.cheers dave black over silver tin top

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE, let me know if you get it sorted [-o< i would try and get a fault code aswell to fair it may give you a clue

I wouldn't jump into a cap and arm either till i know for sure, I have learnt from my own mistakes and spending money when it aint needed

Dar
All disclaimers count as i know nothing
BUY A V6er i like my affair with the petrol pump
wishmaster
Tribal Elder

Post by wishmaster » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm

davidneeves wrote:thanks i got my bongo from paul and he also converted it to lpg.i thought i would try and sort it out for myself because i have had trouble geting hold of him in the past.i will have to try and give him another call. also how many kms do you get from a tank of gas i am only getting about 350 and i dont drive it hard :(
350 was about what I was getting out of my V6. I also did a lot of short around town trips too.

Izzy
I have a plan and its as HOT as my pants

IZZY

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/izzy2619/
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 pm

wishmaster wrote:
davidneeves wrote:thanks i got my bongo from paul and he also converted it to lpg.i thought i would try and sort it out for myself because i have had trouble geting hold of him in the past.i will have to try and give him another call. also how many kms do you get from a tank of gas i am only getting about 350 and i dont drive it hard :(
350 was about what I was getting out of my V6. I also did a lot of short around town trips too.

Izzy
468km is the most I've had out of ours, that was upto Lake Conniston running around and back home to Newcastle Staffs, no racing just smooth laid back enjoying the ride driving :D :wink:
Bongo no more........... ;-(

Return to “Techie Stuff”