Tartan Heart festival/Belladrum

petenbex
Bongonaut

Tartan Heart festival/Belladrum

Post by petenbex » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Guys. Any of you been to this festival in your van before? I have a camper pass but my AFT Freda is unconverted, the pass states MUST have a fitted bed AND fitted cooking OR washing facilities. Last year there were a few Bongos in the camper field but more in the car parks and I'm just starting to get worried that some picky steward is going to turn us away.
Last time we were in the camper field we had a 1975 Toyota motorhome which was amazing.

Cheers.
Pete
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: Tartan Heart festival/Belladrum

Post by Jim the Box » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 pm

If you are in any doubt I am going to the festival and would buy your camper pass from you, we were going up with our bongo which as we speak is being converted to a full camper we checked when booking (as we did not know if it would be converted in time) and they informed us it needed to have a sink, cooker & proper bed to be considered a campervan. By the time we found out our conversion would be complete in time all the passes had gone.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
petenbex
Bongonaut

Post by petenbex » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for that Jim, very reassuring. :lol:

I've got a home made lift out kitchen unit that will be in the back of the van covered in all our gear. I hope that will suffice?

If you P.M me your mobile I'll give you a buzz if we get turned away. (no tipping anyone off though! [-X )
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:51 pm

I think that the rules are there to stop people from sleeping in the back of any old transit van that have or can borrow from work. I'd imagine that your lift out kitchen and the fact that the seats fold down to make a proper bed will pass inspection.
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 pm

petenbex wrote:Thanks for that Jim, very reassuring. :lol:

I've got a home made lift out kitchen unit that will be in the back of the van covered in all our gear. I hope that will suffice?

If you P.M me your mobile I'll give you a buzz if we get turned away. (no tipping anyone off though! [-X )
Your kitchen and the fold down seats should be enough unless you get some really fussy git. We just had a basic vehicle pre conversion, best of luck enjoy the festival. Will p.m you our mobile nearer the time if we are unsuccessful we have a tunnel tent for plan B.
Jim.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

petenbex wrote:Thanks for that Jim, very reassuring. :lol:

Pete I think i've secured a camping pass, my daughter will confirm tomorrow, all I need now is my van (still under "work in progress") down at JAL . Should be ready in time, watch out for the silver 1996 bongo v6 enjoy the festival
jim
petenbex
Bongonaut

Post by petenbex » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 am

That's good Jim. You'll not miss mine, it has Purple flowers all up the sides. See you there!

Return to “Scotland”