15" steel wheel wanted

peterrc
Bongolier

Re: 15" steel wheel wanted

Post by peterrc » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 am

iBongo wrote:I have 4 of them (15 inch wheels). Who's doing your LPG conversion? Longniddry by any chance? I have a V6 LPG conversion...
Hi, are you saying that you have 4 steel wheels for sale?
iBongo

Post by iBongo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 am

Jim the Box wrote:My bongo is being converted to LPG and also a towbar is being fitted, As I cannot carry the spacesaver under the van I might as well carry a fullsize wheel on trips would feel much happier with one. If anyone can help please give me a shout. Thought I would try the forum before trying e.bay etc.

Jim
I use a space saver which I carry under the rock and roll bed. Sometimes I carry it in the Bongo and then put it in my pop up tent that I use for storage when I'm away and pitched up.

My LPG had to be serviced after the first 1000 miles. I used our local LPG convertor for a service last year, wasn't too happy with the result, for some reason I use more petrol than I used to, it takes longer to kick over to LPG after my last service. I'm going to try another place in Edinburgh this time and see how they do.
iBongo

Post by iBongo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:37 am

peterrc wrote:
iBongo wrote:I have 4 of them (15 inch wheels). Who's doing your LPG conversion? Longniddry by any chance? I have a V6 LPG conversion...
Hi, are you saying that you have 4 steel wheels for sale?
Yes I do! You can PM me with an offer, the tyres are in very good order :D
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 pm

iBongo wrote:
Jim the Box wrote:My bongo is being converted to LPG and also a towbar is being fitted, As I cannot carry the spacesaver under the van I might as well carry a fullsize wheel on trips would feel much happier with one. If anyone can help please give me a shout. Thought I would try the forum before trying e.bay etc.

Jim
I use a space saver which I carry under the rock and roll bed. Sometimes I carry it in the Bongo and then put it in my pop up tent that I use for storage when I'm away and pitched up.

My LPG had to be serviced after the first 1000 miles. I used our local LPG convertor for a service last year, wasn't too happy with the result, for some reason I use more petrol than I used to, it takes longer to kick over to LPG after my last service. I'm going to try another place in Edinburgh this time and see how they do.
Please let me know if you are happy with your lpg tune up at the edinburgh garage. Also thanks for the tyre storage info haven't seen my conversion so don't know if it will fit under the bed, yet pick the van up from jal on tues 31st if I can get insurance, can't get cover with c&c club or lifeshure as the say the van is not yet on the DVLA database so the won't give me cover.
yet I have registration number.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
steviebongo
Tribal Elder

Post by steviebongo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi there u could try on the wanted page and get a bongo relay? ( it's been a while since I last posted but I'm sure they'll still do it ) :D

Return to “Scotland”