sun camopy on ebay?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

the laird
Supreme Being

sun camopy on ebay?

Post by the laird » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 pm

hi guys read about sun canopy for 8.00 or £9.00 on forum the other day but cant find it to order one.think it wes blue with three poles and fitted to bongo gutter can you help me to trace
thanks
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Re: sun camopy on ebay?

Post by Dr Fingers » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Not sure what you're thinking of. I posted this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150666124800? ... 1423.l2648

as a possibility: haven't seen one in the flesh though.

Otherwise there was a thread about a 10 x 10 'sit under cover' from Canada for £8-9, and you're right, I can't find it anymore either. It wasn't an 'attach to van' thing though..

Derek
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:35 pm

derek you are bang on i did find this one but it aint the one iwas trying to find'very strange maybe someone else will solve this for us
thanks for the reply /the laird
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 pm

The canada one ended I think and no more like it yesterday when i looked .....well not at that price. There was one for lots more money though.
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:50 am

I just bought a Kyam Sun Canopy from eBay. I hope I can get this in time to have a play with it Looe. Its not a flat canopy though like this one. These are designed for tents to add an extra room, but fit a Bongo going over the roof and covering the sliding door. I saw one at Yelverton last May and was very impressed. A bigger and more complicated bit of kit than Jilly's but does a similar job.

Beware cheap sun canopies. I have one in my Bongo kit disasters collection. About £25 and for fair weather campers only. I tried this on a Dorset hilltop in August. Useless, the legs were far to lightweight to withstand the wind and nothing would hold it down. It had to be taken down before the PVC sheet ripped. It joined the Lidl windbreak, that is held up only by guy ropes and will stay up when there is no wind.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Nogob
Bongonaut

Post by Nogob » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:11 am

Hi, I think you mean this one: 160860206428

It ended Thursday morning. There seemed to be a few people ordering more than one so you never know, they may pop up for sale here?

I managed to order one but I'll believe it when I see it! Hopefully I'm wrong but you know what they say; when something appears too good to be true, it probably is!

I've just noticed that it's here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kelty-Canopy- ... 402wt_1190

for £43 + £38 postage!

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”