just kampers sun canopy

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

montydog
Apprentice Bongonaut

just kampers sun canopy

Post by montydog » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am

Hello, like many others I am looking for a simple sun canopy for short trips, I have a Royal traveller annexe for expeditions. Does anyone know if the Just Kampers sun canopy could be fixed to the Bongo? :D

Many thanks.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: just kampers sun canopy

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:22 am

I couldn't find a sun canopy on their website, just the Fiamma ones.

I use a Khyam tent canopy and just throw it over the fan and peg down on the other side. The wind goes through the gap between the roof and the canopy lovely. However, I don't know if these are still available as I can't find them on the website. I only paid £15 for mine :) . I was considering putting kador strip on but I like the versatility of throwing over. I can have a canopy width to suit!

They do have these: http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=804 ... n%20Canopy although they're currently out of stock, but they're based on the one I've got, just that they've got the kador strip!

Here's some photos of mine. You can place your Quechua near the back or front of the bongo too.

Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
montydog
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by montydog » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Thank you Jillygumbo, very useful :D
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 pm

There's also this option.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150666124800? ... 1423.l2648

Was going to go for this, but managed to get a S/H Khyam Sun Porch on the bay. As said previously, the Khyam seems to be universally out of stock :(

Derek
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:02 pm

usefull link Derek, Thanks.
Wonder how much the roof mounted sat. dish was :roll: :roll:
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 am

blobber wrote:usefull link Derek, Thanks.
Wonder how much the roof mounted sat. dish was :roll: :roll:
I believe it's for shootin' hoops. Should have gone to SpecSavers :lol:
montydog
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by montydog » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Thanks Derek, these people tell me it will be back in stock next seaon, www.somersetcamping.co.uk thanks for the link.

Chris
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm

montydog wrote:Thanks Derek, these people tell me it will be back in stock next seaon, http://www.somersetcamping.co.uk thanks for the link.

Chris
Shame they're out of stock. My S/H Kyham one arrived today, does the job perfectly with figure of eights. Good quality. Keep your eye out for a S/H one :wink: I did have to bid to new price to get it though, obviously they're sought-after when out of stock.

Derek
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Tony Wild Camping has the Khyam Sun Porch (2009) in stock for £99 Main difference is the colour. www.tonywildcamping.co.uk
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 pm

New Forest Terrier wrote:Tony Wild Camping has the Khyam Sun Porch (2009) in stock for £99 Main difference is the colour. http://www.tonywildcamping.co.uk
... and the price! I can't believe I got mine for £15.00! Well, I can, because i did! :lol:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
bongodonkey
Tribal Elder

Post by bongodonkey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Quite like the look of that eBay linked one for 59.95! I want a fiamma F35 but my wife is dead set against them........ #-o

So this looks like a happy medium for the time being.

Looks like a treat for October me thinks.
Oz, Sam & the girls | 2001 V6 AFT | LPG | 321Away F/S/C | A Bongo called OLIVE
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I got a Khyam Sun Porch on eBay 2012 model and took it to South West Bongo Bash. Very useful after initial problems in working out how to fit it to the Bongo. After consultation with several of the finest Bongo minds, Jilly, Baz, Debs, Jude and Colin and Cheryl we fitted it securely with the flysheet over the Bongo like Jillys canopy. It made a tremendous difference having the outside sitting and standing room, specialy on a tintop where you have to perfect the art of putting on your jeans bent double.

I am totally confused about these Sun Porches as there appear to be two types. mine which is designed to flap over a tent and fits a tin top in the same way and the ones that are fitted with figure of eights. I could only find the tent variety. Are the figure of eight ones different or is there a second way of attatching the same awning.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 am

New Forest Terrier wrote:I got a Khyam Sun Porch on eBay 2012 model and took it to South West Bongo Bash. Very useful after initial problems in working out how to fit it to the Bongo. After consultation with several of the finest Bongo minds, Jilly, Baz, Debs, Jude and Colin and Cheryl we fitted it securely with the flysheet over the Bongo like Jillys canopy. It made a tremendous difference having the outside sitting and standing room, specialy on a tintop where you have to perfect the art of putting on your jeans bent double.

I am totally confused about these Sun Porches as there appear to be two types. mine which is designed to flap over a tent and fits a tin top in the same way and the ones that are fitted with figure of eights. I could only find the tent variety. Are the figure of eight ones different or is there a second way of attatching the same awning.
You buy them separately Mary, but you would adapt a tent one if you so wished. But then if it got windy the wind would more likely cause damage to the awning than one where the wind can whistle through.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”