Big up for Martin Bird (willinton kit)

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

martinjp76
Bongonaut

Big up for Martin Bird (willinton kit)

Post by martinjp76 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Just wanted to give a big up to Martin, who as it happens lives down the road from me. I purchased a leisure battery (one he suggested) and a willinton kit from him and he kindly fitted it for me on Friday. He gave me lots of good advice on bongo ownership and wouldn't even accept any beer money. You can't say better than that, top bloke.

Took Brian (my 5 year old named it!), away to Stowford Manor farm near Trowbridge on sat with my better half and Olly and had a lovely time, sunshine, wild swimming and we were toasty warm while giggling at the cold people in the tents and the rain this morning!

Next job is this low coolant alarm if it's not too pricey.
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Re: Big up for Martin Bird (willinton kit)

Post by digitalgypsy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Good job getting the essentials fitted. Getting my willinton kit and low coolant alarm fitted this week!...

Along with my solar panels of course!!! :D Have fun with your other customisations :)
bongo frenzee
Bongolier

Re: Big up for Martin Bird (willinton kit)

Post by bongo frenzee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Sounds like you had fun! I like the name Brian - "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"! lol.

LCA is a good investment, they're about £99 IIRC. It detected a tiny leak in the bleed hose on my Boris last year, which would have gone un-noticed otherwise.

Hubby was v impressed with the thermal screens BTW! 8)
Living for the weekends...

CUIDADO! VEICULO BONGO!

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”