Alarm

MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Alarm

Post by MikeBongo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

In the interests of keeping my Bongo mine (an important issue in and around Edinburgh) I am having an alarm fitted tomorrow. Autowatch 457 ... Thatcham 1 etc with a few handy features.

Will report back on how it all works out!

Mike
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Alarm

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Just a thought: maybe don't give away too much info on here about the type of alarm & how it's fitted as you never know whether your local car thief is researching their next acquisition :shock:
MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Post by MikeBongo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Simon Jones wrote:Just a thought: maybe don't give away too much info on here about the type of alarm & how it's fitted as you never know whether your local car thief is researching their next acquisition :shock:
Never thought of that. I'll give a full report in person at the next Scottish gathering I make it to instead!
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm

What a wise bunny that Simon jones is!!!!
Hope to see and Speak to you at the ferry meet mike.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 am

The problem with the high quality alarm and immobiliser that I had in my Bongo was that it also had internal sensors which set the alarm off when moving about inside. You need to have the wire to these sensors cut and a secret on/off switch inserted in the system or do without them.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Post by Poohbear » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm

MountainGoat wrote:The problem with the high quality alarm and immobiliser that I had in my Bongo was that it also had internal sensors which set the alarm off when moving about inside. You need to have the wire to these sensors cut and a secret on/off switch inserted in the system or do without them.

Tony
You can usually, on most high quality systems, set the alarm to exlclude the internal ultrasonic sensors so that you can lock it up and alarm it with dogs inside, or even while you are inside sleeping in it. I'm sure that yours would have had this function too.
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Mike - keep the pin code safe and practice the 'no-fob' method for disarming the immobiliser - if it has one. Usually turning the key on and off and watching the LED flash or something.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Well the alarm on my old Bongo was a high quality one but when I was having loads of problems with it at the Cartmel Meet some years ago Dreamwarrioruk and Roosteruk working together could not work out to do what you say from the instructions provided. So to give everyone a rest from the racket it was making they cut the wire.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Post by MikeBongo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote:Mike - keep the pin code safe and practice the 'no-fob' method for disarming the immobiliser - if it has one. Usually turning the key on and off and watching the LED flash or something.
Matt: Yes .. it has this system so I'll practice it. Tony: It also has the facility that means you can switch it off if you are sleeping inside but it still goes off if anyone tries to get in. Very handy if you are parked up near Calais on a dark night!

Seems like a good piece of kit.

Will not feel so nervous parking on the street now!

Mike
MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Post by MikeBongo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote:Mike - keep the pin code safe and practice the 'no-fob' method for disarming the immobiliser - if it has one. Usually turning the key on and off and watching the LED flash or something.
Matt: Yes .. it has this system so I'll practice it. Tony: It also has the facility that means you can switch it off if you are sleeping inside but it still goes off if anyone tries to get in. Very handy if you are parked up near Calais on a dark night!

Seems like a good piece of kit.

Will not feel so nervous parking on the street now!

Mike
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 am

MikeBongo wrote:Will not feel so nervous parking on the street now!
Should I still feel nervous every time you drive it, or does it seem to still be running well after coolant change? ;)
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
PhilOutdoors
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by PhilOutdoors » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi Mike -

I'm after something similar - who did it for you?

Return to “Scotland”