some advice on bongo weatherproofing.

MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: some advice on bongo weatherproofing.

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Just turn up at the Forth Bridge on 24th February for the National Bongo day meet and your head will be filled with so much advice from Bongo stalwarts that your head will spin. 8-[

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 75&t=59234

Me I will be the Black Sheep in a Black Jeep Cherokee hiding behind all the Bongos. Crying my eyes out if Gill & Colin turn up in my old Bongo. :cry:
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 am

Post your location on the forum, then if anyone local to you is needing a hand to do any work on their bongo, you can pop along for some "work in progress" training. I see you have a damaged pole, slip a piece of nylon piping over it and Aryldite it, failing that I repaired my split tent pole by winding fishing gut the full length of the split (+ 1" either side of split), and coated it with varnish, absolutely solid job, similar to what they used to do on the shafts of old golf clubs. See you on bongo day.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
tallbongo
Bongolier

Post by tallbongo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Jim the Box wrote:Post your location on the forum, then if anyone local to you is needing a hand to do any work on their bongo, you can pop along for some "work in progress" training. I see you have a damaged pole, slip a piece of nylon piping over it and Aryldite it, failing that I repaired my split tent pole by winding fishing gut the full length of the split (+ 1" either side of split), and coated it with varnish, absolutely solid job, similar to what they used to do on the shafts of old golf clubs. See you on bongo day.
If this doesn't work and it's one of the elastic cord through the middle style tent poles, it's pretty easy to replace the split section.
95 N Reg 4WD Manual AFT Bongo

Image Image

Return to “Scotland”