AFT beeping..when engine on !!

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

AFT beeping..when engine on !!

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 am

I've had this problem before and do know to try to put a barrier between the circuits etc; but I can never find it, I always have to go to a garage/get the auto electrician out/visit them. Its all now a bl**dy nuisance....can this bleeper just be permanently silenced, or would that have a knock on effect elsewhere ? If there is a permanent fix here, can this be posted in idiot style fashion please....so that I can understand it and pass this on to an auto electrician for doing. By the way, I do not have a copy of the original wiring manual, so cannot refer to this.
Hope all this makes good sense....it felt ok when I was writing it :lol: :lol:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: AFT beeping..when engine on !!

Post by g8dhe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 am

The problem is its a SAFETY CIRCUIT, if the bleeping continues when the AFT is down then it is telling you that the roof is not fully down.
If the switches that detect the position of the roof have moved or are being fouled in some way then that needs to be investigated and corrected.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 am

g8dhe wrote:The problem is its a SAFETY CIRCUIT, if the bleeping continues when the AFT is down then it is telling you that the roof is not fully down.
If the switches that detect the position of the roof have moved or are being fouled in some way then that needs to be investigated and corrected.
Thanks Geoff, I did know that too, its just that the beeping started when I went to drive the van, without having the roof up at all; most disconcerting ..to drive around with the bleeper permanently on ! I've been sent a diagram by Rita, of the aft bit that is malfunctioning, and will take this to my auto chap this afternoon. I'm now long past putting a bit of cardboard between the circuits to break the contact when driving; so let's see what happens now. Just be glad to drive.....in peace again !!!
Thanks for your input.
Pam
turbodave
Bongolier

Post by turbodave » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 am

Hi, I currently have a similar situation. Can you stop your beeper by raising the roof slightly and lowering it back down. It works for me. When the weather picks up I will sort my issue out. Dave
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:32 am

Yes we have to do that on occasions as well, you can normally here the trolley clunk into the recessed area and then run to the front for a couple of seconds before the limit switches operate.
There was a discussion on FB recently where someone had driven the van when the roof was not secure and the roof had lifted and cracked in the wind :-( Hence the warning ...
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 am

turbodave wrote:Hi, I currently have a similar situation. Can you stop your beeper by raising the roof slightly and lowering it back down. It works for me. When the weather picks up I will sort my issue out. Dave
Tried this yesterday Dave, no luck. However, it has been effective in the past. But now need a more long term answer due to problem being persistent and annoying ! Will post result of todays auto electrician visit.
Cheers
Pam
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Are you storing anything in the roof ?
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Re: AFT beeping..when engine on/driving !!

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Visited auto electrician today who checked the micro switch and also fuse box under steering wheel, as that was where the loudest beep was coming from. Result; I need a new micro switch and he cannot get me one ! Nor could/would he isolate the fuse etc as this would have a knock on effect for the roof ++ and both the van and my safety.
So, I drove home again with the beeping still fighting with my cd player sound, for supremacy!!!!!
HELP..............................anyone got a micro switch for sale ? Please contact me if you or anyone you know, has one.

Fingers crossed........before I go beeping mad :shock:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm

g8dhe wrote:Are you storing anything in the roof ?
Only my privacy screen pads, and there is still room above them. Seems I'll need a 'new' micro switch.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Its normally just the little bit of spring metal that needs adjustment rather than a new switch;
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:15 am

I'm now stuck as to what to do next . I've spoken to Bongo mates who have said that the bleeping noise cannot come from the front drivers foot well area.....as its located at the rear of the van/drivers side 'in a box' close to rear seatbelt straps in the floor !! A polarised opinion ! Any one actually know which is true; and any means to stop this bl**dy beeping please ??????
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:17 am

yorkshirelass wrote:I'm now stuck as to what to do next . I've spoken to Bongo mates who have said that the bleeping noise cannot come from the front drivers foot well area.....as its located at the rear of the van/drivers side 'in a box' close to rear seatbelt straps in the floor !! A polarised opinion ! Any one actually know which is true; and any means to stop this bl**dy beeping please ??????

try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbhnk8k8lI
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

The beeping for the AFT comes from TWO Places!
The AFT module itself mounted in the rear offside pillar and ALSO from the Sound Warning System down by the drivers right foot!
The circuit diagram;

The circuit to the front SWS comes on connector Pin 2J, on the diagram the link is on the arrow 126.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 am

Are you sure that it is the AFT Bleeper? Surely if it was the AFT the roof warning light would be on and you have not said that it is.
turbodave
Bongolier

Post by turbodave » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 pm

If it is the AFT bleep , then you should find it speeds up if you move away and speed up yourself. If not, either it isn't the AFT , or you have a fault with that mechanism. Dave

Return to “Techie Stuff”