Testing Bongo friendly garage - East Linton

MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Re: Testing Bongo friendly garage - East Linton

Post by MikeBongo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Bongo going fantastically well ... just been up at the Rothimurchus site near Aviemore for a few days .. which is tremendous. Superb weather too.

However, latest little glitch in Bongoland is a screeching noise under power (not belts) and a whiff of exhaust gas ... so it looks like an exhaust manifold stud (just home so not checked yet).

Booked it into Linton service station next week so Chris and Roddy can sort it out. Called them and they knew exactly what the problem was likely to be. Lets hope its one of the ones that are easy to get at!

Mike
MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Post by MikeBongo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Well, everything has been double tested and checked. No signs of problems around the studs. All looks good. Garage took it for a long run and the noises were noted. Considered advice is that the intermittent whine must be coming from the turbo and not to be concerned about it until it gets much worse.

Off to Aberdeen in a few days then down to Norfolk. Couple of longer trips and I'll get it checked again before heading to the South of France in the autumn.

Three Bongos in the garage today and another couple booked in. Word must be getting round. Must say I am very happy with the advice and service.

Mike
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 am

I'm booked in for a service and he's going to wax-oil the under the whole van. (mid July)
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"

Return to “Scotland”