European Breakdown Cover - 2013 update

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

BongoExplorer
Junior Bongonaut

Re: European Breakdown Cover - 2013 update

Post by BongoExplorer » Thu May 16, 2013 8:44 pm

The cover provided by Nationwide is actually Britannia Rescue.
The list of vehicles excluded includes "motorhomes" and "caravanettes". However, our Bongo is unconverted and insured as a car etc so I think we should be fine.
The policy also states that "vehicles must be less than 7 metres long, 2.3 metres wide and 3 metres high" (which is more generous than most).
If we're unlucky enough to have to use the cover, I'll let you know how we get on!
scarymotha
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by scarymotha » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Just had a minor panic when our usual breakdown people - Autohome - said they wouldn't let us have cover for a France trip due soon. Because our beloved unconverted Bongo is older than 15 years. (Four kids, y'see)

None of the big name insurance companies online would help either. But our Bongo Insurance brokers Lifesure came to the rescue, organising European breakdown added to our cover (with Zurich, I think) for an extra fifty quid. Yeay!
brookie
Bongonaut

Post by brookie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Mine is 17 years old and I got a weeks cover thru "2gether" via bongofury. £29 eoropean cover. I'm a yearly cross channeler and that is the cheapest in 6 years!! Similar cover to all the big names...

Return to “Going Abroad”