summer planning fun

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

janie
Bongolier

summer planning fun

Post by janie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi,

Just been given the go-ahead to plan next summer's adventure.......Form here in Cornwall to Brittany and then down the west coast of France. Me Mark and 2 teenage girls. We've cmaped in France before and Bongoed many times but this time we'll be combining the two. Can't wait =D>
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: summer planning fun

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Sounds good. When are you going? We're heading to St Malo in August and meandering down into Spain & Portugal, then back from Santander to Plymouth. Stranger things have happened than Bongos stumble across one another in the middle of nowhere! :D
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:18 pm

janie wrote:Hi,

Just been given the go-ahead to plan next summer's adventure.......Form here in Cornwall to Brittany and then down the west coast of France. Me Mark and 2 teenage girls. We've cmaped in France before and Bongoed many times but this time we'll be combining the two. Can't wait =D>
We did the West Coast this summer but decided to move in land a bit as the coast was heaving in August. Some nice aires and free stop overs all the way down through to the Pyrenees (French and Spanish side).

Worth grabbing French Aires and France Passion from Vicarious Books (see link below), if you're not planning on booking campsites for your trip. Be careful though as they run from April to April so you will wan to wait until April 2014 now so they cover the summer :)

http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/

You'll have great fun I'm sure :)
I love cheese!
janie
Bongolier

Post by janie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi muz , funnily we were going to go the opposite way to you but time and finances have cut out Spain. No matter.....we will be going plymouth to roscoff on the 21st July then over to carnac for a few days before hugging the coast as far as royan. After their retrace our steps back up. If you were in the area it would be lovely to share a glass of pineau and an oyster or two.

Umbongocat, my husband and I would love to do the whole thing on aires and france passion however our 14 and 17 year ole daughters don't seem to share our enthusiasm for peace and solitude so unfortunately that will have to be another trip and we'll be sticking to the hustle and bustle of coast and campsites for the sake of family harmony.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Interesting, should be a good trip. I take it you're stopping on proper sites at Carnac and Royan, have you got them booked as it'll be busy busy busy then.

We're not sailing until 9th August and the nearest we'd be to you is probably Angers. But, although we have a fairly detailed itinerary mapped out, things never quite work out and there's always a big detour required. Usually for food :D

Enjoy the oysters and have a great time. Take it steady and post plenty of pics when you return :wink:
janie
Bongolier

Post by janie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 pm

We'll be booking everything this week. Would like to be a bit less organised but we work in FE so can only go in the school holidays. Hope you have a great time too...sounds fab. We'll just miss you since we're coming back on 7th or 8th
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Ah, schools is why we're going in August. Not the ideal time to go but our only option unfortunately. Ferries already booked, and we weren't planning on using any campsites :D

Bon voyage! :wink:
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm

janie wrote:Hi muz , funnily we were going to go the opposite way to you but time and finances have cut out Spain. No matter.....we will be going plymouth to roscoff on the 21st July then over to carnac for a few days before hugging the coast as far as royan. After their retrace our steps back up. If you were in the area it would be lovely to share a glass of pineau and an oyster or two.

Umbongocat, my husband and I would love to do the whole thing on aires and france passion however our 14 and 17 year ole daughters don't seem to share our enthusiasm for peace and solitude so unfortunately that will have to be another trip and we'll be sticking to the hustle and bustle of coast and campsites for the sake of family harmony.
Know exactly the difficulties having a 17 year old and 20 year old now. I had to bribe them to camp towards their later teenage years. As long as there is WIFI they're ok, even now! Have a great time and look forward to some pics
I love cheese!
janie
Bongolier

Post by janie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 pm

All booked....only 8 months of increased excitement and bongo related '
tweaking' to go :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:19 pm

:D