Direct Line insurance thumbs up

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

cmm303
Supreme Being

Direct Line insurance thumbs up

Post by cmm303 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Last year was my first Bongo year, and I needed to insure the bongo as an extra vehicle so could not transfer NCD. I found the quotes advertised did not apply to an unconverted Bongo and the best quote was with Direct Line who could give me discount because I am a named driver on my wife's policy with them along with some other "introductory deals". I feared the worst this year, losing all the introductory discounts and leaving my 1 yr NCD to stand on its own. Is it possible to be pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? I was:

Insurance: £160 (4,000 miles, 1yr NCD)
Legal : £27
Level 4 Rescue: £130 (Bongo + wife and self on any vehicle <16yrs old)

My jubilation is on 2 accounts: affordable insurance and big saving on Rescue. I have been able to cancel the Rescue cover on my main vehicle (also with Direct Line) and save £160. Last year the operator tried the "any car" Rescue deal but could not make it work because the Bongo was over 16 years old so I paid for separate cover. This year's operator smartly overcame that issue by placing the actual Rescue policy on the Bongo; the 16 year age limit did not apply in this scenario and with the "any car" extension we are also covered in our main vehicles.

Thank you, Direct Line.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Direct Line insurance thumbs up

Post by Bob » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Really good service. =D>
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Re: Direct Line insurance thumbs up

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:42 pm

Not bad. In my case I have always has at first my Bongo and now my motorhome on a joint Breakdown policy with Britannia Rescue/CSMA which included Home start. Cost me £118.00 last time but includes free legal aid which they say is worth £24.90.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “Insurance”