2gether breakdown cover

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

the laird
Supreme Being

2gether breakdown cover

Post by the laird » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Just renewed my breakdown cover,,any driver,90days eu cover,home start,relay,accommodation ,hire car if required,legal cover,£65 very happy, unconverted bongo 2.5d only stip was 24hrs notification for trips abroad ,
=D> =D> =D> =D>
The girl Vichy who I dealt with first class =D> :D
ELZE
Supreme Being

Re: 2gether breakdown cover

Post by ELZE » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Nice one! ill give them a call!
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
redzebrahove
Junior Bongonaut

Post by redzebrahove » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 pm

I've just renewed with 2gether, but was told I can't upgrade to European cover as the van is over 10 years old.
They suggested I should buy single trip cover from elsewhere for any foreign trips.
Any one else had this problem? Comments and advice welcome!
Sheila
You know when you've been Bongoed
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Just read the small print!
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:51 pm

redzebrahove wrote:I've just renewed with 2gether, but was told I can't upgrade to European cover as the van is over 10 years old.
They suggested I should buy single trip cover from elsewhere for any foreign trips.
Any one else had this problem? Comments and advice welcome!
Sheila
Are they not all over 10 years old ! in other words they don't want our business?

I have been with 2gether for last two years but I am thinking of shopping round next year (Feb) due some of the very good quotes I have heard on here elsewhere :o
redzebrahove
Junior Bongonaut

Post by redzebrahove » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Thank you - indeed they are all over 10 years so it seems an odd decision. Mine is 15+, so it looks like Gem won't cover it for Europe either (I read of Gem on this forum, but looks like a no-go)

It may have to be the AA even though very pricey - though I understand they can be haggled with.

Thanks for feedback - more welcome!

meanwhile, happy Christmas one and all, and stay safe in this wild weather.

Sheila x
You know when you've been Bongoed
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:51 pm

redzebrahove wrote:Thank you - indeed they are all over 10 years so it seems an odd decision. Mine is 15+, so it looks like Gem won't cover it for Europe either (I read of Gem on this forum, but looks like a no-go)

It may have to be the AA even though very pricey - though I understand they can be haggled with.

Thanks for feedback - more welcome!

meanwhile, happy Christmas one and all, and stay safe in this wild weather.

Sheila x
Try Lifesure.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:38 am

Speaking of insurance, I just read an article which was very disconcerning! People using comparison websites are at risk from criminals because many do not use passwords and security information or require registration before they search, which means anyone who knows your email address, phone number and /or home address can obtain products in your name?

The Daily Mail is not a particularly good news paper but often courting scandal, can be relied upon for naming and shaming so there must be some truth in it. If so beware!
Ernymilkman
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Ernymilkman » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:30 am

Their web site says "All Cars Are Covered At any Age" and - quickly skimming policy wording - cant see a 10 yr limit mentioned.
South london
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:27 pm

My insurance with 2gether is due Nov so I would have a play around on comparison sites. Cheapest quote with the meerkats... V6-MPV, unconverted, 9 years NCB, 0ver 60, 12000 miles, commuting to and from place of work, LPG conversion (will be) no accident, incidents, convictions £450

Admiral, same circumstances £ 640 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will wait and see what 2Gether quotes very soon?

Jeees whats up with these people??
lady camper
Junior Bongonaut

Post by lady camper » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:43 pm

2gether no longer doing European breakdown cover:-(
jimmo62
Bongolier

Post by jimmo62 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:43 pm

We are with Caravan Club, they have a scheme called Mayday which is provided by Green Flag. Includes dual recovery but UK only. Paid £66
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:02 pm

We have Green Flag £240 per year, covers the insured not the vehicle. Currently have 3 drivers on policy, wife son and myself. So if your in a strangers car or one of our cars and it breaks down it's covered, car taken to any garage of choice and overnight stay at hotel or car and passengers taken home (on a trailer) That's if they cannot fix it. In reality I have never had an attempted fix by the roadside :roll: They always turn up with a large vehicle for a front end tow or full lift

seems like a lot of money but it has always worked when I need them which fortunately has not been very often.

Oh, forgot to mention...green flag never turns up its always the local garage so don't have to wait long :o :o
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm with Britannia Rescue with both my Jeep Cherokee and my 6m long Burstner Motorhome on the same policy. Previously my Bongo was on the policy so I checked with them about the motorhome (they have a length limit) and they said that 6m long was no problem. Cost me £118.00 last year with home start but this also includes CSMA club membership. Policy covers Great Britain & Ireland with a bit more for Europe if needed.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585

Return to “Insurance”