2gether a bit pushy?

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

lady camper
Junior Bongonaut

2gether a bit pushy?

Post by lady camper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 am

Just about to renew my insurance used these guys last year but I find them incredibly pushy...it was not "would u like to go ahead?" It was well "what card" might look around a bit more but there's was the best quote....
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: 2gether a bit pushy?

Post by Diplomat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Watch out for the increasing number of companies who, once they've got a valid card number from you, will renew it anyway under the pretence that they are doing you a helpful service.

I try to circumvent such trickery by reporting my cards mislaid or faulty every 10 months or so, thereby getting a new number. This works for bank debit cards but not for some credit cards where the card and account number are the same.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:42 pm

They were borderline rude when I insured elsewhere in December.

Doesn't put them high on the list for next year.
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am

lady camper wrote:Just about to renew my insurance used these guys last year but I find them incredibly pushy...it was not "would u like to go ahead?" It was well "what card" might look around a bit more but there's was the best quote....

I didn’t find them pushy or rude just downright arrogant and they treated the lady from the insurer (Highway) the same when she queried my policy. So they lost my custom.
I got a better deal still with Highway from Performance Direct, however I gave up on them last year as it was annoying having to correct mistakes on the policy each year and having to contact the insurers to determine they had the correct details for the Bongo.
:shock:
Still with Highway but now insured through Adrian Flux.
Good luck with your search.
:wink:
To infinity and beyond
lady camper
Junior Bongonaut

Post by lady camper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks for your input.
I am finding it incredibly difficult to get insurance elsewhere so will most probs have to go with them.
My bongo is a 96 AFT diesel auto with a removable kitchen (makes it a 6 seater) still registered as an 8 seater...
Why is it alien to all these insurance companies....
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Done mine with aviva had noprobs unconverted eight seater diesel aft
lady camper
Junior Bongonaut

Post by lady camper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Aviva wouldn't insure my bongo:-(
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Had the same prob at first with them,got a supervisor as the normal staff can't access the same as the supervisors after no bother and full of apologies! Worth a try as I got the exact same response
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 pm

2Gether "chased" me as well. Very polite because they don't have my business because they could not match my existing insurance which I had already renewed! Their helpfulness stopped as soon I asked questions about the quote and why my vehicle was listed as unconverted but as a campervan. "They just do that" did not fill me with confidence that I was being quoted for an 8 seater.

Left me feeling indifferent. Commission hungry sales force, desperate insurance company, or just efficient at following up?

Direct Line were markedly different. Spent 40 mins saving me £160 on Recovery across the Bongo and our main vehicles. Spot on. So they retain the Bongo + 2 cars. Does depend on who you get on the phone though.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:14 pm

This is interesting, I called them and came back too expensive.
I filled out an online thing and they pass your details on, 2gether where one of the ones who called me back and gave a quote £60 cheaper than when I called them? But when I had a good look at it no detals are on the quote which i feel should be in the quote.
Flux on the other hand discussed my mods, sent me a form to fill in so its all clear and provable, so they got my money
My advice from a good friend in the legal profession is declare even the smallest mod and provide a list to the company, then if it ever ends up in court you will have some proof, I actually read the list I have out over the phone whilst getting a quote.
We just need to be on the ball in this highly competative market
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:28 am

lady camper wrote:Thanks for your input.
I am finding it incredibly difficult to get insurance elsewhere so will most probs have to go with them.
My bongo is a 96 AFT diesel auto with a removable kitchen (makes it a 6 seater) still registered as an 8 seater...
Why is it alien to all these insurance companies....
As Winchman says, try Adrian Flux. You can only insure with Highway through a broker.
Mention modification to most companies and they get an attack of the vapours. :shock:
Everything I have thrown at Highway, twin tanked vegetable oil conversion, rear kitchen and body kit has been accepted. :wink:
To infinity and beyond
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:50 am

I was with Highway for two years when I had my fully converted Bongo, no problems. They are a Liverpool Victoria subsidiary but run as a separate company. I changed to using the Camping & Caravanning Club (they are only brokers also) when I bought my motorhome as the benefits and discounts they provide turned out to be better.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:53 am

Hi
Mel....
For goodness sake DON'T TELL 'EM that you have a knife and fork in the back....you'll never get insurance!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tony...
Liverpool Victoria, I'd certainly trust...so maybe Highway are a good firm?...but I just don't know whether most companies spoken about would cough up in the event of an accident. I shop around by a company's reputation rather than price, because I've had dealings with companies who were less than honest. My thoughts are what would happen if I injured someone through no fault of my own, and a company refused to pay them....I'm afraid it wouldn't sit right with me...also, I would hope that if my vehicle was damaged , I would get a payout....same with the house insurance....
So...Highway might be a good'un...I'd be interested to see their record, as if they are straightforward and don't crib about anything named regarding mods, I expect you've both got a good deal....
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Plastic cutlery only Helen………………… :lol:
Highway has been fine about the three claims within three years. September 2009 to August 2011 comprising two rear end shunts and a stationary van turning right across my path.
The independent insurance accessor is fast becoming a friend............................. :lol: :lol: :wink:
To infinity and beyond

Return to “Insurance”