Khyam Motordome

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

monkey
Bongonaut

Khyam Motordome

Post by monkey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:36 pm

We currently have a Fiamma Privacy Room which we are thinking of changing for a Khyam Motordome. Does anyone have a view as to which model works best with the Bongo? We are planning to leave the Fiamma awning attached to the van to use when we are not using the annexe. Is this likely to cause a problem when attaching the Khyam? Thanks for your help.
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Re: Khyam Motordome

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi. I have both. I have had no issues attaching the Khyam with the Fiamma insitu. You have two options really, the first is the standard fig of 8 plastics which should still clip to the gutter or you can use the optional extra available on the web which is a strip that has a double ended sliding strip. One is small enough to thread into the end of the Fiamma. This is the same diameter as the Privacy room thread rope. The other side is thicker, same as a standard awning thread rope. You will still need the fig of 8 to join the Khyam. Hope that helps you.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Re: Khyam Motordome

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 pm

I think it is called a kadar strip.
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”