Blue Diamond Camping Toilet

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Blue Diamond Camping Toilet

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 pm

These are sold by the Range and Go Outdoors. Anyone own one? They are in the same price range as the Lidl ones but those will not be available again for months.

Only found two reviews. One saying absolute rubbish, fell apart and one saying absolutely fine. Is it worth paying extra for a Thetford.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
wilnx005
Bongonaut

Re: Blue Diamond Camping Toilet

Post by wilnx005 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:11 pm

I was looking at these myself a couple of weeks ago at go outdoors in Sheffield, the Thetford (165 I think) was next to it they looked very similar in size etc. I think there was only about £10 difference - Personally I think I'm going for the proven Thetford for the extra £10 :?
JoeC
Bongolier

Post by JoeC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 pm

I'm after a taller toilet so i don't have to squat too far - if you know what I mean ;)
wilnx005
Bongonaut

Post by wilnx005 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm starting to feel really sad now :lol: - just been researching the different sizes - this may help http://www.thetford-europe.com/product/ ... -qube-145/ not sure to go with the 335 now (more compact), but for an extra £30 is it worth it????
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 pm

JoeC wrote:I'm after a taller toilet so i don't have to squat too far - if you know what I mean ;)
I do! You don't want to end up like Sonny Liston: unable to get up again after a session with Cassius Clay :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a 365 unused off eBay 7 years ago. Finally pressed it into service this year Bliss and I swear it's as comfy as my one at home :-)

If a jobbies worth doing, it's worth doing properly. Spend the extra - treat yourself. 8)
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 pm

We've got a Thetford 335 which I think is the smallest they do. Has it about 7 years now and it's still good as new. Also bought a Fiamma Biopot for the boat but it was nowhere near the same quality. Stick with a well known brand and you'll have no problems getting spare parts if required.
hijimhere
Tribal Elder

Post by hijimhere » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Best to go in the shop last thing - I always do and try them to make sure they fit lol
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Brilliant advice. Go for the Thetford. One area where cheap and not so cheerful is not worth it.

The Lidl one I had was held together with grey plastic clips, which very quickly added a lot of Duck tape to repair the cracked plastic. It finally ended up with only one fixing clip left, so came to a premature finish. Fortunately it died at the end of a camping trip, not the start.

A nice new Thetford should make things more civilised
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”