LPG register

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Woody4567
Bongonaut

LPG register

Post by Woody4567 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:55 am

Anyone had any problems getting insce if their bongo isn't on the register? Just bought my first bongo and it isn't on the register. Buying through Southern Bongos. Kevin is a really straight guy, so no worries there but the conversion was done by Prestige before Kevin got it. I rang Prestige yesterday and wasn't impressed with reply I got. Some insurance companies have said they won't insure it unless on the register. Thoughts please
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: LPG register

Post by mikeWalsall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 am

Yes I did ..

I had my LPG conversion done by a guy .. who later went out of business ...and un be known to me without putting it on the register ..

That was until I had a registered letter from the insurance company to say if it was not on the UKLPG register within one month my insurance would be cancelled ..

I had to pay for an independent Autogas inspection to have it put on the register ..

Even then ... a month or so later a guy from UKLPG came to my house and did a visible inspection of the instillation of my Bongo (which was OK) ..

Any body who wants to check if they are on the register can put there cars registration in here ..

http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/

If they have the old paper certificate (like with my Estima) .. they can send it and have there details entered onto the UKLPG data base ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)

Return to “Insurance”