Red squirrel

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

the laird
Supreme Being

Red squirrel

Post by the laird » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Well that's the weekend over and it's been very enjoyable.was a hit n miss for weather but we were very lucky.jim and elaine(jim the box).dave and fiona ( mulshy)and myself,had a nice bit to eat in the clachaig inn,then spent the night chatting,very relaxing ESP after this last weeks work,mulshy had done his usual walking away at around 09.30 am and returned at about 15.00 on sat .hes some machine soz dave :D really enjoyed the company and let's hope the next time we get more members .happy Xmas n a guid new year to you all.the laird signing oootttt :D
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Red squirrel

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Love Red Squirrel - wish I was closer
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:37 pm

I find it very overrated, great views as it's in glencoe and open all year are the plus points you can light open fires up to 11pm, which you really have to as there are no electrics on site, drainage poor, and for a couple arriving with 2 teenage kids, £40 per night is a bit extreme (you are charged £10 per head rather than by what camping equipment you bring).
Young couple arrived and set camp (2 small tents) last night, and when I walked the dog at 8 a.m. this morning they were both sleeping in the car and the tents were in pools of water and totally flooded out due to the overnight rainstorm.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
mountainmummy
Bongolier

Post by mountainmummy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi

Glad you guys had a good time. Sad we missed it, Lachlann managed to avoid the worst of the horrid bug but contracted complete "brat-isis" instead, in fact the pair of them have been horrid. Pre Christmas obnoxiousness, so it's probably lucky that we didn't come as they would have just embarrassed me.

Santa may have to extend his naughty list!

Sara.
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”