rear door ladder

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: rear door ladder

Post by helen&tony » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 am

Hi....
I would worry if a fat moggy sat on the roof...They can only accept a VERY limited weight applied via the roof-rack mounting points, as the roof channels impart a small amount of strength by their shape. The maximum quoted weight on a rack is 65Kg. with the weight applied through the mountings!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
garethjr
Junior Bongonaut

Post by garethjr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Thanks, no point in me getting a roof ladder then!
Gareth
Gareth

1999 2.5V6 AFT
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi
Only as Simon said...a telescopic ladder, or maybe some folding kitchen steps....you shouldn't get too much trouble with either one, and they won't take much room!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
garethjr
Junior Bongonaut

Post by garethjr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Ah, telescopic ladder, great idea, I hadn't thought of that!
Thanks
Gareth

1999 2.5V6 AFT
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi
They're pretty good, those ladders. One of those is on the purchase list this year for cleaning out the bedroom air conditioner unit on the outside wall... 8) 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:40 pm

The telescopic ladders are fairly light and if you can get the shortest you can get away with, then it will easily stow in the van behind or under the bench seat. To prevent damage when resting against the bodywork, get some neoprene, dense foam, or something like a towel to wrap over the top rung.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”