Brackets for Omnistor Awning?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Bongo Tong
Bongonaut

Brackets for Omnistor Awning?

Post by Bongo Tong » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:25 am

Hi there,

After two Bongo write-offs in two years, I am now the owner of a beautiful third-time-lucky Bongo and am preparing for a summer of camping fun. My old Bongo had an Oministor pull out awning which had to go with the second write off as it was damaged in a fire. I am intending to get another Oministor 2000 because I have a wind and rain blocker set which goes with it. I can find the awnings on line but I cannot find suitable mounting brackets. Does anyone know where I can get them? I am pretty sure the old ones I had did not have to be drilled onto the vehicle itself, they just fitted into the rain gutter.

Any suggestions?

Bongo Tong
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Brackets for Omnistor Awning?

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:32 pm

Try AutoVan Services ( http://www.autovan.co.uk/ ) in Wimborne, they do Imperial's conversions and ours was fitted with an Omnistor clamped onto the gutter. The ones they used on ours were aluminium that had to be trimmed to suit the sliding door and the rear window. Been on for over 7 years with no problems.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”