bodywork advice

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

mantaJim
Bongolier

bodywork advice

Post by mantaJim » Sun May 31, 2015 10:11 pm

A few weeks ago I managed to break my rear light cluster and gouge the corner of the rear bumper. Having tried to prep, prime and spray, the results spoke for themselves and I was reminded that I am useless at spraying and so I've been making enquiries to have it professionally sprayed by someone highly recommended by a friend. I have seen photos on BF of people having their vans painted and have seen a lot where the bumper has been removed to be sprayed. I suggested I would remove the bumper to save a few quid and also because I don't want to leave the van there if I can avoid it since the body shop is 25 miles away and I could really do with not being without the van for a few days (assuming I am ok to drive with no rear bumper - is this ok ???). Anyway I have started to wonder whether I should leave the van in case there is a risk they don't get the colour match right.

Can anyone give me any advice on this ?

I will of course speak to the body shop tomorrow to discuss my concerns but I'm interested to hear thoughts from others on this.

Jim
V6 Mushroom
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Re: bodywork advice

Post by Cab-ova pete » Sun May 31, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi have you not bent any metalwork?
mantaJim
Bongolier

Re: bodywork advice

Post by mantaJim » Sun May 31, 2015 11:58 pm

no I've definitely not caused any structural damage just cosmetic - I had a local body shop quote £300 but they also suggested I get any old silver paint and spray it in which I took to mean they basically didn't want the job
V6 Mushroom

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”