Awning light - what do you think to this...

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

sotal
Supreme Being

Awning light - what do you think to this...

Post by sotal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:25 pm

I've been reading up on here about how people have sorted lighting out in the awnings.

I like the idea of a light in the step somewhere as that would be useful at other times too (just as an entry light) - however I'm not sure it would light the whole awning well and it would get covered as you walk past it - making it dark in the awning?

The best alternative I've found was going off others recommendations for a work light / inspection light.

I found this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COB-5-LED-Rec ... 2c8e703d46

It has it's own battery - which can be charged off either 12v or mains, it has a magnet to fix it in place or a hook. Can be positioned to throw the light optimally. It also works as a torch so can be used for the night time toilet runs! Quotes 5-6 hours runtime.

I know it's not a permanent fixture but it likes like it would be a handy way to light up the awning - what do you reckon?

I think I'd like to make a step light too which could be permanently in place then this as an additional light.
2newbies
Bongolier

Re: Awning light - what do you think to this...

Post by 2newbies » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:44 am

hi, I'm a fan of the "fenix CL20"....good run time,great little lamp
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Awning light - what do you think to this...

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 pm

sotal wrote:I've been reading up on here about how people have sorted lighting out in the awnings.

I like the idea of a light in the step somewhere as that would be useful at other times too (just as an entry light) - however I'm not sure it would light the whole awning well and it would get covered as you walk past it - making it dark in the awning?

The best alternative I've found was going off others recommendations for a work light / inspection light.

I found this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COB-5-LED-Rec ... 2c8e703d46

It has it's own battery - which can be charged off either 12v or mains, it has a magnet to fix it in place or a hook. Can be positioned to throw the light optimally. It also works as a torch so can be used for the night time toilet runs! Quotes 5-6 hours runtime.

I know it's not a permanent fixture but it likes like it would be a handy way to light up the awning - what do you reckon?

I think I'd like to make a step light too which could be permanently in place then this as an additional light.
I have the Sealey version of that torch and use it during motor repairs plus took it to Bongo Bash as camping light much as you describe. Very useful but those LEDs are very bright and you wouldn't want to be having to look them, so positioning as an awning light needs thought. Charging no problem though as it can be charged each day using LB ciggie socket.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”