Bongo travelling in Europe and headlighst etc

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

powellbris1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Bongo travelling in Europe and headlighst etc

Post by powellbris1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:10 am

Am taking the Bongo to Europe soon and am looking for a template so I know where to put the black tape on the headlights-is there on this site ?

Also I seem to remember there was a fact sheet written in French or similar to give to a garage in the unhappy event of the hoses going whilst abroad-Similarly any ideas ?

Any other tips-going to France then Holland ?
billymansell
Bongolier

Re: Bongo travelling in Europe and headlighst etc

Post by billymansell » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi and welcome.

If you've got plastic lenses in your lights I wouldn't suggest black tape and having seen some bloke resort to scraping and scouring silver duct tape of his lights I'm loathed to suggest that either. A set of Eurolite deflectors aren't that expensive and if you're careful removing them they can be used numerous times - I've a pair that have been used on six trips and are kept stuck to some baking parchment when not in use.

I don't think there's a definitive position as to where to attach them on a Bongo but there should be a dimple somewhere near the centre of the lens and you want to be covering a central area to the driver's side of that. Hopefully someone will post a picture.

Remember to carry the appropriate safety equipment (eg. hi-viz jacket, first aid, extinguisher, etc.). Look on the AA/RAC websites for advice on what's required in the relevant countries.
The all black 2.5 V6 - "looks more like a pimpmobile than a playbus"
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo travelling in Europe and headlighst etc

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:26 pm

There are three types of headlamps fitted to Bongos. The earlier type up to about 1999 with the fresnel pattern inside the lens is fairly standard and the beam bender kit wiill come with instructions on where to put them. The later types with clear lenses are more tricky but again the intructions will give guidance on where to fit them. The best way is to park a few feet away from a pale coloured wall and fine tune the location when it's dark before sticking them in place.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”