Top 5 must haves for bongo camping?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Top 5 must haves for bomgo camping?

Post by Bongoplod » Tue May 05, 2015 12:25 am

cookan wrote:I take what I thought was a fairly extensive list of tools and emergency bongo bits until I read the spare fuse for the aft! Nice idea! tho I do carry a spare speed sensor...odd I know, but didn't need it in the end and its small so just sits there waiting for its moment !

Alcohol gel For the hands

We also always carry sambucca...our favourite tipple for inclement weather.
What a waste !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: Top 5 must haves for bongo camping?

Post by BongoBongo123 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:34 am

I think we could do with another Bongo welded to the side of the one we have sometimes. :lol: They are a little cramped when you have a tonne of sleeping stuff food etc., loads going for them but tight is the word for 2 people when you have 1 of the rear seats still installed. (also useful from time to time on days out so we do not want to get rid of it)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed May 06, 2015 12:01 pm

If you want it to work you can make it work for four people wild-camping for three weeks in the Scottish wilderness - with no trailer or back-box etc - http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 37&t=34038 :wink:
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:54 pm

I guess so... the Mrs. like to take the kitchen sink (even though we have on built in) I moan when packing it in but we always seem to need most of the stuff we take. Clothes bags, portaloo, foam mattresses (6 of them), full size pillows, numerous sleeping bags. It always seems fairly packed to me.
tanglefoot
Bongolier

Post by tanglefoot » Sun May 17, 2015 4:33 pm

A damn good torch for finding your way back from the pub/site club. A Cree (1200) torch is good 'cos you can also attract bats....also I picked up a cheap yacht at anchor strobe light last year at the boat jumble......brilliant for finding the tent/Bongo after finding the cree torch to find your way back to the tent/digs/bongo/yacht whilst fighting off bats. Damn, this Hobgobling is good beer.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am

I have added 100ft of hi-vis paracord (parachute extreme strength cord to miiltary specification) to my essentials. Could be very useful getting the AFT down if it jams and tying stuff down in adverse weather. All sorts of things. Can find it for a low price on Ebay.
Buglet
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Buglet » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:39 am

Can't believe a thread on camping essentials got to 5 pages without a mention of wet wipes! :shock:

Beer and jump leads...
Even if you're not Bongoing, that's the ingredients for a good evening :D

a converter to allow you to use your 12v cigarette lighter sockets as a usb port, there's all sorts of things that you can power from a usb port!

Microfibre towels. You can get a whole bale of the things from popular internet selling sites for about 7 quid, they take up about the same space as one normal one.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Buglet wrote:Can't believe a thread on camping essentials got to 5 pages without a mention of wet wipes! :shock:

Beer and jump leads...
Even if you're not Bongoing, that's the ingredients for a good evening :D

a converter to allow you to use your 12v cigarette lighter sockets as a usb port, there's all sorts of things that you can power from a usb port!

Microfibre towels. You can get a whole bale of the things from popular internet selling sites for about 7 quid, they take up about the same space as one normal one.
Excellent tips =D> My partner insists on wet wipes (me less so ha ha) nad I got microfibre towels when I started this Bongo malarky and they are fab - normal towels are a waste of time [-X

Hmmm might consider getting a USB port thingie :roll:
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:24 pm

seventiesboy wrote:
Gasy wrote:Wc paper
You could get by with gaffa tape tho
That could smart :cry:
Nowt like a bit of bum waxing while your at it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:22 pm

ELZE wrote:
seventiesboy wrote:
Gasy wrote:Wc paper
You could get by with gaffa tape tho
That could smart :cry:
Nowt like a bit of bum waxing while your at it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just So, Elze
Him Indoors always keeps some in the van for those stubborn dried-on dingle-berries
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:29 pm

Bin liners, always waste needing a home, normal tissues (or loo roll), AFT pee bottle :shock: (once you're up there and all.....), ear plugs (sleep better at festivals) A foil/silver backed foam camping mat to help deflect the suns early morning warmth in summer months. (silver facing outwards where your head is in the AFT)

AFT Guff Filter (TM). Ok I made that one up... it can get a bit smelly up there after an awkward meal/skin full of booze. :^o Spose you can open the tent up on a warmer night.

I cannot believe someone already invented it:

http://www.gasbgon.com/
tanglefoot
Bongolier

Post by tanglefoot » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:48 pm

There was a sign we always laughed at in Germany....Ausfahrt...don't know why though :lol:
Djembe Maz
Bongonaut

Post by Djembe Maz » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Loved reading this thread! :lol:
Djembe Maz
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:20 pm

I had a new truck in 1979, just as tachos were being introduced.

The instructions came in all languages and the best headline was 'Fartscriber, instruction bog pour chauffeurs'.

Well it amused us clowns in work. :lol:

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”