Looe bash

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Looe bash

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Just like to thank Ian and Marianne for the hard work that they put into organising this event and as usual it turned out to be a memorable one. There was a difference of opinion of how many time we have had the Southwest bash at Looe. As I recall this was our ninth year. Others said it was our tenth others said it was our eleventh. Ian can you enlighten us?
My thanks goes to Jilly who kindly popped in on Saturday to deliver a parcel for me on the bongo relay. Thanks Jilly
I am sure that the newbies enjoyed the experience of their first meet. It would be nice to have some feed back.
The weather was kind of good to us, as you all know, we who live in Cornwall call the wet stuff "liquid sunshine." And we all say "The gardens need it!"

Dave and Roseanne
The Janner Vanner
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Looe bash

Post by Ian » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:33 pm

The first one at Camping Caradon was in September 2007.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Danibongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Danibongo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:08 pm

We were newbies to the Looe bash and thoroughly enjoyed it. We brought two spaniels along who loved it too! There were some lovely friendly people who showed us the ropes. Thank you to all that helped get our battery recharged after leaving the radio on too long :) the bbq was very tasty and well organised. We were given a spot next to two lovely fellas called Windsor and David. Thank you both for making us feel so welcome. We'll definitely be coming to another bash in the future.

Thanks again everyone :)
Danielle and mark
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 am

Really glad it went so well.

Sorry we couldn't be there, family arriving from Canada tomorrow so serious cleaning and tidying all w/e.

Be nice to see them, though.
janie
Bongolier

Post by janie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:32 am

We had a really great weekend - lovely people, lovely food, lovely time generally.

Thanks everyone and we'll see you all at Stourport next year.

Jane and Mark
redz79
Bongonaut

Post by redz79 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Thank you ian and marrian
We had a great time aswell ,the springly spanners luvved the dog walk in the woods although it was a bit more than ten minute walk away ian !!, sadly we did not get to spend much time on the site, went all over the place dawn had to fly home from newquay on saturday to a family do ,so lwas left on my own for sunday, nothing to fear these bongo folk are a friendly lot, roll on next years do.
Ps who won the crabbing ?
Rgds ian dawn pest and belle
grey fellah
Bongonaut

Post by grey fellah » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks Ian, marine & all your little & not so little helpers, who contributed to making the latest bash another success, any snaps from members to put on ?
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Why thank you kind sir (Dave - Janner Vanner) :wink:

Excellent one night stay for me - it was a great night in the club! Loads of cideeerrrrrr!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”