Eberspacher - Mounting Under Passenger Seat

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

JoeC
Bongolier

Eberspacher - Mounting Under Passenger Seat

Post by JoeC » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Afternoon. I'm looking at mounting my D2 Eberspacher in the engine bay under the passenger seat. Anybody any ideas or pictures of how this could be mounted please.

Thanks
Joe
jimmo62
Bongolier

Re: Eberspacher - Mounting Under Passenger Seat

Post by jimmo62 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Did this last year, it's pretty easy. I made a bracket using aluminium plate off ebay which bolts onto the chassis rails using 2 existing threaded holes - I used 2 lengths as spacers since the rails are not flat, then another piece to mount the heater onto. Cables run easily into the back of the van and I mounted the thermostat on the sliding door pillar. The fuel pipe connects to the main fuel feed under the driver's seat. The warm air pipe leads to the centre of the van where I cut a hole in the plate on the back of the engine hump.

Probably took 6 hours all in all.

Note that if you get just the simple thermostat control unit, you need to take the cold air feed for the heater from inside the van because that is what it senses to cycle the heater between low, medium and high. I didn't do that and instead got the optional additional thermostat to mount in the van. You can aslo use one of the more advanced controllers which has a built-in thermostat.

There's a reasonable fact sheet on Bongo Fury with photos. Happy to help answer any questions if you need...
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Eberspacher - Mounting Under Passenger Seat

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:02 pm

ive taken the cold air inlet from the front passy side footwell (low down, cooler air) and the hot air exits into the van into the sliding door step area at the B post side, the advantage of the hot air here is that if you have an awning fitted you can direct the hot air from the unit into the awning if needed or into the van at low level (where the colder air is). this is done via one of the rotating ball outlets.

my main tips would be follow the fitting instructions available online to the letter for years of trouble free burning. there are different grades of controllers/thermostats, the best ones can give fault diagnostic codes on screen, worth every penny if you ask me.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”