Poor lady...

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Poor lady...

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:55 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35471684

I would avoid that place personally.

The last thing you would need is that slap in the face. :(
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Poor lady...

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Agree with you there.

This site has made themselves pretty unpopular, and as for their bull shine about the next policy view etc, its a family run business, they could make a decission in a second.

Not somewhere we'll be going.

Suppose on partner died while on site, would they kick the widdow of then? Would they give a refund?

All round bad taste from these people. :twisted:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Not quite convinced by the media noise that was generated that the company were given all the information at the outset to be honest. There was a longish thread on FB kicked off as well by some sole that was intent on on trying to make a crisis out of the situation.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:27 pm

g8dhe wrote:Not quite convinced by the media noise that was generated that the company were given all the information at the outset to be honest. There was a longish thread on FB kicked off as well by some sole that was intent on on trying to make a crisis out of the situation.
Fair points, I do not do Bongo FB stuff, this is my only bongo info repository, maybe "the other place" if that pops up on a google search as it does...and that does make you wonder what the hell you are reading in the media and why across the spectrum of news.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:16 pm

I've never tried booking at Searles because they are ridiculously expensive.
I've also come across sites that won't take singles but, when I've rung them and explained my age, there has been no problem. I think they are just trying to avoid crowds of teenagers on site. Lots of sites also ban single sex parties.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:48 pm

I don't like holiday parks because for a lifelong camper both on campsites and in the wilds I think that they are a waste of money. It may be the Scot's blood in me But I do not like paying extra for facilities that I never use. The average Bongo owners that I have met are just happy to camp out in their Bongos follow their interests during the day time and then get together in a circle for a drink and a chat in the evening, around a camp fire if permitted. Last years Scottish meet in a Holiday camp Had A swimming pool that was full of children, an internet provision that keep breaking down when overloaded and a bar dancehall with loud music where it was difficult to carry on a conversation. Just not my cup of tea.

Most Bongo owners are a hardy bunch who do not mind roughing it if necessary.
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:24 pm

francophile1947 wrote: Lots of sites also ban single sex parties.
Bah humbug. I think they should ban ALL sex parties. When I opted to do wild camping, this NOT what I had in mind. :lol:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi Tony
Couldn't agree more....I thought "camping" was all about dossing down in a farmer's field, and not parking in a hotel arrangement with grub laid on.......I 've only ever been a few times to an organised site, and I 've found that camping is even better for kids when you rough it and let them use their own imagination
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:32 pm

MountainGoat wrote:I don't like holiday parks because for a lifelong camper both on campsites and in the wilds I think that they are a waste of money.
I've just booked 2 x 5 night breaks, at Park Resorts, Martello Beach, on 20th March and 17th April - cost £3.79 per night, including EHU and park facilities - I don't think that's a waste of money, in fact it's probably as cheap as staying at home :lol:
Prices during school holidays are crippling though :evil:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:42 pm

A lot of sites are charging that just for the hook up.

You're right, out of school hols this is astounding value, cheaper than parking the car for a couple of hours.

Return to “Off Message”