Campsite Recommendations - Ideally with entertainment & EHU

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Mooglet
Junior Bongonaut

Campsite Recommendations - Ideally with entertainment & EHU

Post by Mooglet » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:16 am

Hi all,

Our van has finally arrived :D and we can't wait to take it out for a night or two.

Our regular weekend campsite with our Teen and Tween has been Hopleys near Bewdley, mainly because it has family friendly live music at weekends. This makes a real difference for us, we all enjoy it and it stops the kids (and other half) reaching for their phones or complaining they are bored by the 2nd night.

(Of course I'd love it if they were just happy with a campfire and few boardgames, or off befriending other kids on site, but this just doesn't seem to happen for us)

Can anyone recommend any similar sites with entertainment and facilities like EHU, showers etc.

Thank you,
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Campsite Recommendations - Ideally with entertainment &

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 am

Not sure what area you're looking for, but this is a good starting point:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/
Mooglet
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Mooglet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi, Thanks for that, we had a look on there and another few of the big websites but couldn't spot anywhere that looked like Hopleys. "Entertainment" filters seem to be very vague and cover everything from a TV / Pool table to full kids club, while a pub on site doesn't usually mean live music.

I guess I was hoping for a few personal recommendations or gems that might not be on the big sites.
tanglefoot
Bongolier

Post by tanglefoot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:56 pm

We stopped in Bude for a week-end last summer. Clubhouse with a stage...Friday-Saturday-Sunday there was live music, a comedian, a kids talent show (B****y hilarious that was :lol: ). A good friendly w/e.
AndyS95
Bongonaut

Post by AndyS95 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:23 pm

We love going to The Barge, Pewsey, Wilts: http://www.the-barge-inn.com/index.php

It's not for everyone though! It's very much spit and sawdust, turn up and pitch where you can, chances are you'll find yourself next to some new age hippy types, old school hippy types or bikers.

They have great bands on during the summer and it is a beautiful spot, it's on the Avon & Kennet canal (i think), so in addition to the aforementioned crowd you'll also have an eclectic mix of barge owners.

I don't think there is any EHU and the showers etc are very basic. We just love the chilled out festival type atmosphere.

It's gets completely packed out on a sunny weekend so we usually arrive early on Saturday, have a BBQ and a good drink then hit the pub for the evening music, then party till the early hours..
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm

We had a Meet there going back, and will be walking there from the Golden Swan in March. :D
Mooglet
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Mooglet » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks folks, thats the sort of thing I was hoping for.

Tanglefoot - Was it Wooda or Bude Holiday Resort you stayed at?
I like the look of The Barge too, Andy. Looks like a good place for a night or two (not longer as I like my showers!) :D

Any more?
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 pm

AndyS95 wrote:We love going to The Barge, Pewsey, Wilts: http://www.the-barge-inn.com/index.php

It's not for everyone though! It's very much spit and sawdust, turn up and pitch where you can, chances are you'll find yourself next to some new age hippy types, old school hippy types or bikers.

They have great bands on during the summer and it is a beautiful spot, it's on the Avon & Kennet canal (i think), so in addition to the aforementioned crowd you'll also have an eclectic mix of barge owners.

I don't think there is any EHU and the showers etc are very basic. We just love the chilled out festival type atmosphere.

It's gets completely packed out on a sunny weekend so we usually arrive early on Saturday, have a BBQ and a good drink then hit the pub for the evening music, then party till the early hours..
x2 all of that
'tis the K & A canal
More like festival camping and atmosphere
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
tanglefoot
Bongolier

Post by tanglefoot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:10 am

I think it was Wooda mate. AndyS95...Thank you muchly for the Barge info...my kind of place.
AndyS95
Bongonaut

Post by AndyS95 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Mooglet wrote:Thanks folks, thats the sort of thing I was hoping for.

Tanglefoot - Was it Wooda or Bude Holiday Resort you stayed at?
I like the look of The Barge too, Andy. Looks like a good place for a night or two (not longer as I like my showers!) :D

Any more?
Yeah, we so far have not spent any more than 1 night there, the guy playing the bongos at 2am isn't such a welcome addition at 10am the next morning when he's still playing! :shock:
ho0dsi3
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Campsite Recommendations - Ideally with entertainment & EHU

Post by ho0dsi3 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:42 pm

I really like Warren Farm in Brean ... lots of fields for pets and without, onsite pub with entertainment, fishing lake, arcade, shops etc, and not far from other pubs with entertainment too.

Just come back from a lovely weekend away :D
Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: Campsite Recommendations - Ideally with entertainment & EHU

Post by Gasy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Knelling Heath
North Norfolk
Has entertainment at busy times
Showers
Indoor outdoor pool, sauna
Bike trails
Steam train
And it's 250 acres of woods and Heath land
Lovely but a bit expensive in my eyes
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.

Return to “Campsites”