Nice little venue - The Dam House, Astley, Wigan

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Nice little venue - The Dam House, Astley, Wigan

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Just discovered a lovely little historic venue offering tasty light lunches in an unspoiled and unpretentious cafe, at reasonable prices. If you take the dogs there's a small but pretty little wooded walking area adjacent to the House. Just the kind of place we like and suspect it may become a regular haunt. Not too busy and very peaceful and friendly. Recommended, if you're like us :-)

http://www.damhouse.net
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Nice little venue - The Dam House, Astley, Wigan

Post by Bob » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:15 pm

Looks great. :D
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:36 am

mikeonb4c wrote:Just discovered a lovely little historic venue offering tasty light lunches in an unspoiled and unpretentious cafe, at reasonable prices. If you take the dogs there's a small but pretty little wooded walking area adjacent to the House. Just the kind of place we like and suspect it may become a regular haunt. Not too busy and very peaceful and friendly. Recommended, if you're like us :-)

Mike....are you suggesting a North West day meet.......?

This location looks ideal if there is enough room on the car park and the owners have no objections.....it has been a good while since the last one... :roll:

I am sure that some people would be interested....especially our newbies who have not had the opportunity to meet fellow owners in the area.

We would certainly be up for that.... :wink:

Alan & Dee
Alan...still plodding on....!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:46 pm

alant54 wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote:Just discovered a lovely little historic venue offering tasty light lunches in an unspoiled and unpretentious cafe, at reasonable prices. If you take the dogs there's a small but pretty little wooded walking area adjacent to the House. Just the kind of place we like and suspect it may become a regular haunt. Not too busy and very peaceful and friendly. Recommended, if you're like us :-)

This location looks ideal if there is enough room on the car park and the owners have no objections.....it has been a good while since the last one... :roll:

I am sure that some people would be interested....especially our newbies who have not had the opportunity to meet fellow owners in the area.

Alan & Dee
Its a lovely little place for a drive and lunch but too small and not suitable for a Bongo meet sadly. I do agree though it might be worth seeing who's up for an NW day meet. Mind you, me and Trish struggle to keep up with getting out commitments and getting some r & r as it is!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:14 am

mikeonb4c wrote:
alant54 wrote:

Alan & Dee
Its a lovely little place for a drive and lunch but too small and not suitable for a Bongo meet sadly. I do agree though it might be worth seeing who's up for an NW day meet. Mind you, me and Trish struggle to keep up with getting out commitments and getting some r & r as it is!
Too far for me anyway #-o

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”