selling sites for mazda bongo

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

claireb
Junior Bongonaut

selling sites for mazda bongo

Post by claireb » Mon May 02, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm looking to sell my 2003 Mazda bongo. Tin top. None conversion. Where would be the best place/ sites thank you
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: selling sites for mazda bongo

Post by Simon Jones » Mon May 02, 2016 11:24 pm

The low cost/no cost option is on Bongo Fury: http://igmaynard.co.uk/for-sale/ but there's also eBay, GumTree and Autotrader but they can seem to attract some of the time wasting/tyre-kicking type of person.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue May 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Agree with Simon, I posted mine on a Mazda bongo sellers site on Facebook and pulled it after an hour, due to Del Boys mailing and phoning with rediculous offers, sold it on the fury website in about a week, first lad that came to view it bought it.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Sat May 07, 2016 9:20 am

I have never once had any cold calling/PPI calls on my mobile phone. I never use my real number on compare the market etc. I listed a car on gumtree about three weeks ago & since the day I put it on with my mobile number & have been bombarded with cold calls mainly from injury solicitors about the 'accident' that I had. Getting about 3-4 a day & have blocked about 8 numbers. I did tick the box to say I didn't wan to be contacted for marketing etc. Just one thing to bear in mind if advertising a car on gumtree.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat May 07, 2016 10:00 am

If using Gumsytree or similar posting your phone number and you are fair game for the commercial hunters. Best to use Gumsytree or similar in house email service.
claireb
Junior Bongonaut

Post by claireb » Sat May 07, 2016 10:24 am

Hi thank you for all your advice I have put it on gum tree and eBay motor uk. And pre loved 5 days ago. Also a Mazda bongo fb page we are on. And we have had no cold callers as yet but do you know what let them ring as it's there time wasted. Normanly if a 02 03 we don't answer had enough of cold calls any way in past. We can block if need be. Also arm we are finding it really hard to sell 5 day and not really anyone few have called and message. We find it sad as we know it's a great motor. We are asking a good price for him. But people want something for nothing it's not a converted but lovely 8 seat for even big family's. And so much cheaper than a vw mpv. And also a great camper for 2 if desired. Just don't understand why no one is looking at him. I'm wondering maybe because it's a import or because it's a 2003 for the price people want newer age. We have tried px as well to different dealers won't let him go for that. As we no what a good price for bongos are. Think people just don't no slot about them. To be fair atm we are selling because we want to by a car that goes a caravan. We are no thinking of risking towing with barmy our bongo and see how it goes and keep him. Knowing we have extra 2 sleeping area.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun May 08, 2016 12:20 am

Dont tow a normal size/weight caravan with a 2ltr petrol,your probably blow the gearbox or engine on the 1st steep hill !

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Sun May 08, 2016 5:55 am

Must be frustrating. I presume your price expectation relates to what you bought it for.

Demand for Bongos is generally strong throughout the price range. However the tin top is usually about £1k cheaper. The 2l petrol will have its takers as quiet and possibly the cheapest of the Bongo engines to maintain. Your market is reduced but there will be a buyer out there. Just needs the right price and a bit of time.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
claireb
Junior Bongonaut

Post by claireb » Sun May 08, 2016 7:40 am

Thank you. For advice. Definitely lots of different fed back when it comes to towing with a bongo is this from experience?

We brought it as a fresh import from a trader last May. Yes tin top none conversion. So with in the year and selling at we already have a 1900£ dip. But because lots go for a fresh import as they are cheap enough we thought it was a good price. It's also hard to get a price check on this as when ya put in number plate it goes unrecognised but from fed back on auto trader ect we saw what others are selling for private and trade
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun May 08, 2016 9:25 am

nth wrote:I have never once had any cold calling/PPI calls on my mobile phone. I never use my real number on compare the market etc. I listed a car on gumtree about three weeks ago & since the day I put it on with my mobile number & have been bombarded with cold calls mainly from injury solicitors about the 'accident' that I had. Getting about 3-4 a day & have blocked about 8 numbers. I did tick the box to say I didn't wan to be contacted for marketing etc. Just one thing to bear in mind if advertising a car on gumtree.
Several simple things can be done to reduce the impact of junk calls etc. We've all got at least one old mobile phone lying around as a result of upgrading to latest model, so get a PAYG sim and put the minimum top up required to keep it active for incoming calls. Use that number on any adverts and then switch it off/chuck it away when you've finished with it. For email contact, setup a new Gmail account and then just close it when no longer needed. If you use Autotrader they offer a Telesafe number which diverts thru your number so your details are never publicised.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sun May 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Mind you reading the above posts .. the original poster as already put up a decent 'FOR SALE' advert up here on Bongo chat ..!!
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun May 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Well, yes: it's looking a bit like that :)

Return to “Bongo Chat”