New owner and new to forum

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: New owner and new to forum

Post by Bongoplod » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:38 pm

haydn callow wrote:Because of the age of the Bongos, the coolant hoses (and because the engine is in the middle there are a lot of them(about 30)) are coming to the end of their lives.....if a hose decides to give way the coolant is lost and the engine will overheat.
Fitting a alarm will, in most cases prevent this overheating. The 2lt does not seem so prone to this but never the less it is a good idea to fit one.
I dont want to pull up Haydn on a post as hes a very knowledgable chap,but I think I should point out his, [or any other low coolant alarm} ,WONT PREVENT OVERHEATING,but it will warn you of loss of coolant that COULD result in overheating.
And its correct,the 2 ltr petrol doesnt suffer the sale overheating problems,and is self bleeding

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:11 am

You've got too much time on yer hands Brian :lol:

All Bongos (or liquid cooled engines come to that) will have an overheating problem following coolant lost. Some will take it more badly than others but none will take it well. An LCA will avert overheating due to coolant loss by emitting an effing great ear piercing screech that causes instant panic the moment the coolant level in the header tank drops due to coolant loss. :lol:
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:21 am

It's a fine point.....I think you know what I meant.....if you lose coolant you will overheat if you don't notice said loss......as the alarms detect the loss......it prevents the said overheating .
Something like that but what do I know? I'm all confused now and doubting everything....I'm off!!
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
Supersooty
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Supersooty » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Ardee as you live in 'The Fine City' of Norwich like me. I got my roof fitted by Andy's Imports just outside Norwich cost £3K. I am very happy with it. We have not had anybody sleep up there yet but, great for extra headroom and ventilation in summer. :)
I am not always right but, I am never wrong! 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”