Dealer rec's in Surrey and Along South coast

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Mitchmeister
Apprentice Bongonaut

Dealer rec's in Surrey and Along South coast

Post by Mitchmeister » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:30 pm

If anyone has any positive or negative experience of Bongo dealers in Surrey or along the South Coast I'd be very grateful for your feedback via a PM (I've read the rules). I'm based in SouthWest London but originally from Devon and still have family connections down that way (and still follow The Argyle) - so anywhere in the M4, A303 or A35 corridors is doable.

So far I've visited 321 near Reading and Warmans in New Haw and both seemed helpful so any feedback on these in particular would be welcome. Also planning to take a look at 7 Plus Motors in Plymouth on my next trip down to Devon.

Based on research to date I'm looking for a V6 with rear conversion. Happy with a tin top with an awning as an alternative to an AFT as most of the time will be just 2 of us but there will be occasional festival trips with friends and family.

Thanks in anticipation!
scanner
Supreme Being

Re: Dealer rec's in Surrey and Along South coast

Post by scanner » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:03 pm

If you still have links in Plymouth area go and see Allan at Allan's - see if he can find you one or recommend where best to get one.

http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk/ ... nspection/

I have him do my main services and I live over 300 miles away.
Mitchmeister
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Mitchmeister » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Scanner - can't believe that the centre of the Bongo universe is on my old home patch - I can remember doing cross country runs as a teenager up that hill to Allan's - clearly it's a sign that I am destined to join the ranks of Bongo owners. I will definitely swing by next time I'm back in Plymouth.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 pm

We got ours from http://freespiritautos.co.uk/ in 2008 so 8 years ago as a converted import. Only this past year have we had to spend any serious money sorting rust problems out, V6 engine has been really nice.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
marionw
Bongolier

Post by marionw » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi,
Bought mine from 321 in April 2014. Great vehicle. Even my service garage say what a great vehicle it is.
Found 321 very helpful.

Return to “Bongo Chat”