Diesel Leak

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

bewdleybongo1

Diesel Leak

Post by bewdleybongo1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:00 pm

I know this has been covered before but I wan't to confirm I am doing the right thing.

I have a slight diesel leak which seems to be coming from the side of the injector pump under the dome shaped cover ringed below.
I have taken this off and there seems to be a small 'O' ring behing, can I just replace this if so where do I get a replacement from. I have got a general bag of small 'O' rings from Halfords- am I likely to get a good enough fit from this or do I need the exact item. It is a ZEXEL injection pump.

Many thanks for any help
jgk

Post by jgk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:35 pm

hi i thought i had a leak from here but it was coming from the opposite side close to the engine flat plate two 10mm bolts double check or replace both thats what we did hope this helps
bewdleybongo1

Post by bewdleybongo1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:28 pm

jgk
Thanks for this, did you replace the o-ring on the other side, as I think they are the same both sides. If so where did you get it from cheers

Andrew
antique

leak

Post by antique » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:36 pm

hi your leak will be the other side , take the two fuel pipes of so you can get the spanner behind , you can get the 0 rings from mazda or motor factors,yes they are the same size
pyroman

Post by pyroman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Hello,

I follow Antiques advice and yep, spot on!

Mine was also on the engine side, my mate replaced my 'o' ring, he used the same seals used in the hydraulic systems on caterpiller trucks.

These are resistant to all types of hydraulic fluids and so should me more than adaquate for you needs.

Return to “Techie Stuff”