Supreme Being

Re: NEW MEMBERS! Please say hello here!

Post by Bob » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Warm welcome to you both. 8)
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Post by JulesMartin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Thank you for your warm welcome. this is my first Bongo and have come from a VW T25 background but please don't hold that against me. Bought my first Bongo 3 days ago took the train from Rainham Essex up to Beccles bought the van and drove it home. how brave, the Bongo was up for sale on Ebay as spares and repairs due to overheating problems. I had got a friend who lives a lot closer to go and have a look first so i wasn't going into it completely blind. back home no sign of overheating so far. there are two questions i would like to ask and will ask here but happy to repost in a more appropriate place if preferred. first point is the the water bleed tube which is, I believe supposed to come from the cylinder head across the alternator and along underneath the passenger seat is simply not there. there is a small hose coming out from the head and going into a connection on the side of the Turbo. second point is it sounds for all the world that there is an exhaust blow and it sounds as if its coming from the engine but only under load, not audible when just reving the engine. I've take off the heat shield and can see no tell tale soot marks from any of the joints around there. rest of the exhaust seem fine. any help as always will be much appreciated.
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Good to have you aboard. 8)

No worries coming from VW Land, we all do it for the same reasons. :)

It might be worth asking in the 'Techie' section as more peeps will see it, and hopefuly someone more mechanical than me will have some thoughts.

Is it the 2.5 diesel?

Personaly I wouldn't drive it until it's been bled as there's no way of knowing what has been done since the overheating episode, or why the bleed hose appears to have been removed. :?

Hopefuly you'll be all sorted very soon. 8)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Sounds like the head has already been changed and the the three way splitter has not been replaced (common thing) hence no bleeding tube.
Some people have added a "T" piece in the turbo pipe and added the bleed pipe there.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
JulesMartin
Bongolier

Post by JulesMartin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 am

Hi yes sorry it is the 2.5 TDi. It could well be that it has been bypassed as there is definitely just one large hose and one smaller one there. I'll have a look in the shop to see if I can get the right connector and a new bleed hose. thanks for all the advise and welcome message. this may be a long hawl but at least the wife much prefers it over the T25 which is a good step in the right direction :D :D :D
Martin
1996 2.5 TDi Silver pop top unconverted
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am

Bongo Spares, opp north, may be your best bet for a used part. :wink:
Tymmuffphii
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Tymmuffphii » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:25 pm

Hey I'm Tym from Plymouth I have an awesome 2.5 96 bongo with custom " BILLABONG * embroider leather seats, and some nice fancy custom led lights and carbon vinyl wrap.

You all may of seen me around. I had my MOT yesturday and nicely passed.
:shock: Muff Tha Bongo Boi :lol:
Robfv432
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Robfv432 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:51 pm

Nearly new member hoping to purchase a Bongo within a few days
Loads of info to take on
Paignton,Devon
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:00 pm

Hi

Great to have you aboard. 8)

Do ask any questions you like, we'll help out if we can.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:10 pm

Welcome!
This is still the best repository of information, despite people preferring the immediacy of FB, much easier to locate the information than trying to search on FB :-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Robfv432
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Robfv432 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:46 pm

Thanks all 😊
Allans
Bongolier

Post by Allans » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Welcome to the madhouse.
Servicing Bongos since 2003 in Plymouth, Devon http://www.allansvehicleservices.co.uk
Bongo Dan
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bongo Dan » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:44 pm

Hello! Can't figure out how to do a post myself so will do here if that's ok. I have an R reg Bongo 2.5 diesel. It is kind of a family heirloom 😁. Belonged to my father in law before us. Currently he has a problem with a little engine hose on driver side. A bit of a split so smells of diesel in cab. In the photo it is this threaded one. It was replaced by AA a year or so ago, very quick job, they found this hose that fitted in their van. Zoom in to see better. Anybody got an idea of what the part is called? I have a parts list from the fantastic Ian that I am trying to make sense of....

Could it be a 'breather hose ' ?
Attachments
IMG_20220325_134552.jpg
IMG_20220325_121742.jpg
IMG_20220325_121754.jpg
Tymmuffphii
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Tymmuffphii » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:30 pm

Hey everyone. I'm not new just not been active for a long while.
My Name is Tym and I have a 96 2.5td AFT with a "RUSTYS BLEEDKIT" fitted, iv never had an issues with my head or thermostat as its been looked after and regularly serviced since day 1, but this bleed kit has had extra benifits for me, as it's one less thing to worry about. I'm currently living in my Bongo here in Plymouth, I will be replacing my timming belt in the future, is it something I Cs do myself or is there a good place locally that will do it for me, I have been given a bulletproof quote for the work, so I know if any quote is overpriced or not 🐸🐸
:shock: Muff Tha Bongo Boi :lol:
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:58 am

You might get more help with technical questions if you post them in Techie Suff forum in this link: viewforum.php?f=3

Lots of owners change the cambelt DIY. This mightt this help: viewtopic.php?t=71216

And the hose is a fuel hose that goes from the injector leak-off rail, back to the diesel pump.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”