Any recent Single vehicle quotes ?

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Any recent Single vehicle quotes ?

Post by g8dhe » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:42 pm

Well I'm on the insurance game again looking for cover for the new vehicle arriving hopefully at the end of the month.

Three companies (C&CC, Lifesure & 2Gether) we have used in the past won't now quote if its your only vehicle and you want more than 5K Miles !
It really makes you wonder if they want our business at all ?

Anyone had a quote for single vehicle and more than 5000 miles recently ? New import full side conversion ......
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Any recent Single vehicle quotes ?

Post by Ian » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:16 am

Geoff, a few people have recommended HIC.

https://igmaynard.co.uk/blog/2017/05/09 ... tants-hic/
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:12 am

Yes there now Sterling called them yesterday PM still awaiting email quote from them, but they were compatible in the same region as Adrian Flux with the verbal figures.

Also tried Jap Cover, they were going to ring me back but haven't done so!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Katka
Bongolier

Post by Katka » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:31 pm

That seems very odd.
Mustard.co.uk have been v good for cars and motorbikes. I'll be trying them shortly for our 'van. Got one from Adrian Flux this morning for 4k miles but it wasn't the most competitive. It's lifesure at the moment.

Update. Tried Mustard. First with 4k and got quotes, then at 6k and got identical quotes. Oddly Flux were the cheapest and quoted less via Mustard than direct - quite a lot too. I'll be having another chat with them!
Katka
Bongolier

Post by Katka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Finally settled via Mustard to stay with Adrian Flux. Fully comp, 6k miles, £0 voluntary excess 150 compulsory, declared value £12500, sole vehicle with a named driver, in the Guildford area for £172. Rather pleased with that as VED bill has just arrived demanding £280.
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 pm

I now use Caravanwise who's policy is pretty good and and saved me £60-80 over 2gether and the usual one's quoted. They never increased premium year on year either in fact it went down......wonder what will happen on that front for insurance as from next year. So I will be penalised with possibly higher premiums for people who don't bother or cannot be arsed to shop around come renewal time and just pay a higher premium.....surely there are more important issues to legislate against.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent

Return to “Insurance”