Moonfleet conversion air con

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

pipbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Moonfleet conversion air con

Post by pipbongo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:51 pm

Could you help please. We are trying to locate the rear heater control panel in our recently acquired and brilliant Bongo with a Moonfleet conversion by Imperial Motors. We think the conversion was carried out in 2012. The problem we have is that the fuse to the rear fan is working and so is the dashboard switch, but there is no airflow to the rear. We have emailed Imperial Motors but have not received a reply yet. Has anyone the same conversion or know where and the control panel is or if has been removed please?
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: Moonfleet conversion air con

Post by TheLongRoad » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:00 pm

Ours was converted by the same people but also hasn’t worked since we bought it. As ours is a full side conversion the controls are behind the fridge and I didn’t bother taking everything apart to access them. Since then the rear heater matrix leaked and has been isolated out of the system. Anyway think you’ll find the controls on the righ hand side of van where middle row of seats would have been.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
pipbongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by pipbongo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:29 pm

Thanks very much for the information. I will have a look. I'm a little worried about the idea of things leaking.

Does anyone else out there have a similar story?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:42 am

Each converter has a different approach, my first one had the controls moved onto the dividing panel between the two cabinets in the conversion, reachable but awkward. My current one has left the controls in the original place but left a hole in the back panel so they can be reached. If you do a search on the forum then you will find that the electronic style can be extended to the front by cutting and extending the cables, others have added more electronics so that the rear temperature can be controlled from the front as well.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”