Electrics

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

PennyBongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Electrics

Post by PennyBongo » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:51 am

Hello everyone from a newbie,

This is my 2nd time of writing this as the last one told me to sign in again and it was soooo long.

I had a moment of madness, after wanting a camper pretty much my whole life, I took a loan out on impulse and drove over to Cardiff from Worcester and bought a Bongo Friendee 1999. It has passed it's MOT 4 years in a row and the engine has been well maintianed with little signs of any rust, so I thought a safe bet on a well loved old vehicle. However, I have no idea how or if the electrics work, as nothing happens when I press buttons.

I have booked me and Billy Bongo in for the bash for Thursday. Would anyone be kind enough to come take a look at Billy and let me know if he needs some tlc? I feel a tad clueless at the moment and thinking of dying my hair blonde.

Looking forward to meeting anyone going to the bash when I'm there.

Penny x
Phil
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Electrics

Post by Phil » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:35 am

We were all new at one time in our lives. Enjoy your time with your van and enjoy the company. No one bites well not hard anyways. I'm sure one of the lads form one of the stands will spend 10 min looking over your van for you. Might cost you a beer lol
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Electrics

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am

Welcome aboard, Penny.

I'm not an electrical wizard, but likely someone will help out.

Are you talking the 12v Bongo electrics or mains hook up?

Return to “Bongo Chat”