Remote learning mode

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Mark-H
Junior Bongonaut

Remote learning mode

Post by Mark-H » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:22 pm

I have one slightly dodgy remote key. Pretty sure it’s a real Mazda one. It will occasionally work but is held together with tape and hope so looking to get a replacement. I did the same in my mx5 which shares the same “learning mode” process dance of ignition and door switch. I’ve tried the process several times and it never gets to the stage where it bounces the door locks. HOWEVER, it has had the connector behind the key disconnected to prevent it beeping when the door is open with the key in. Could this prevent it going into learning mode? Assuming I can get it into learning mode are there any other Mazda key fobs or 3rd party fobs that work with the standard set-up? Yr2000 v6 petrol if it makes any difference.
gilly99
Bongonaut

Re: Remote learning mode

Post by gilly99 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:11 pm

There was an ebayer selling 3rd party copy the other week. Search for P/N: C901 V 7 601, that's original Mazda 315Mhz remote, which is about as common hens teeth. It was a about £50, so a bit of a punt, as I'm not convinced the programming mode will work. In the end, I bottled it and just keep on turning the key!! :lol:
4wd diesel, 1999 ex tintop with lowline raising roof
Keep a cool head, black ball game.

Return to “Techie Stuff”