Damage to under door trim - is this repairable?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

agentdagnamit
Bongonaut

Damage to under door trim - is this repairable?

Post by agentdagnamit » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:37 pm

I've just managed to remove the passenger side long piece of trim the runs under the front and rear doors as this was damaged by a knock recently.

It looks like several of the white tabs have broken, which are easily replaced (from a guy on ebay who is 3d printing them for £1 each.

But, 2 of the female tabs on the trim itself are damaged, which means the new white tabs are going to hold. Any idea if this is repairable, or do I need to buy a whole new trim piece?

Also - I noticed that all of the tabs except 1 on the trim are female, but there is 1 male that is integral to the trim piece itself (2nd picture). Is that normal?

Thanks
Stu
20240404_122632.jpg
Attachments
20240404_122647.jpg
agentdagnamit
Bongonaut

Re: Damage to under door trim - is this repairable?

Post by agentdagnamit » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:29 pm

Sorry - supplemental question.

The white clips engage in 2 different directions, depending which end of the trim they are on. Does that mean that when refitting the trim, the white clips need to be put in place in the trim, then the trim is pressed into the Bongo? I had assumed the other way around, ie the clips are pressed into the sill of the Bongo first, then the trim slides on - but I know realise this probably isnt going to work.

Thanks
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Damage to under door trim - is this repairable?

Post by g8dhe » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:51 pm

Are you referring to these side step mouldings under the sills ? https://www.lushprojects.com/bongoparts ... mgno=.html The part numbers top left can usually be googled, but probably the only sources will be breakers in the UK.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions

Return to “Techie Stuff”