White speedo dials

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Faff

White speedo dials

Post by Faff » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Thinking of purchasing some white dials from

http://www.visual-performance.co.uk/

Anyone bought these and how easy are they to fit? Says on their website that the needles do not need to be removed to fit this kit.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:38 pm

Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
Neil
Bongonaut

Post by Neil » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi Faff, You have answered my query posted earlier today . I wanted to know whether the speedo conversion dial is a one fit all for all Bongos. It seems, according to the web site you posted, that this is not the case, so I will be ordering a set of white dials. So like you I would appreciate any feed back about fitting these dials.
Faff

Post by Faff » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27 pm

Thanks Dabs (& Neil),

I've ordered them as they apparently come with fitting instructions and the company say they can provide guidance. Just hoping those instructions are real easy to follow.

Cheers, Chris
Neil
Bongonaut

Post by Neil » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi Faff,

Not too sure whether the fuel guage will fit so I will email the company to confirm this before ordering. Certainly like the white dials and they seem an easy option to fit? Not had much experience of this so should you receive and fit your's first will be interested to know.
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:01 pm

Neil -have sent youy a pm. If you go with the white dials I would be happy to buy your speedo face off you.
Faff

Post by Faff » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:55 am

Hi Neil,

I guess they should be here sometime this week so that will be next Sunday's job after having the kitchen put in next Saturday.

Then the following weekend - holiday! (Hopefully with MPH dials and tea making facilities...)

Cheers, Chris
Neil
Bongonaut

Post by Neil » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi Faff,

Will appreciate hearing how you get on with this. I've got loads to do on mine before it will be on the road. I'm taking this week off to try and get it finished so hoping the weather is not too bad!

Madmile I did not receive your PM but have sent you two now so hope you have received one.
Faff

Post by Faff » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:54 pm

Sure, will let you know how it went. Hope you get good weather this week. Cheers, Chris.
glynieboy

Post by glynieboy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:04 pm

I bought these a couple months back... got them fitted the other week!

They come with good detailed picture instructions.

One thing to note the fuel/temp dial does not have the cut outs for what gear you in, hold function status and low fuel light.

The look cool at night though! ;-)
Faff

Post by Faff » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:34 pm

I don't think I've got a low fuel light. Was this on newer Bongos only?
Cheers, Chris.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:44 pm

Don't think I have either, nor a light showing which gear I'm in.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
glynieboy

Post by glynieboy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:50 pm

Hmmm... mine does or should I say did! its a 1998 model .. not the new shape but the facelift model, the one which has the front and passenger air bags fitted.
Faff

Post by Faff » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:35 pm

Well, a partial success after an afternoon tinkering. Dials fitted OK and speedo, rev counter, etc all work but no illumination at night. Can only think I've not picked the right live feed to connect the dials to. Can anyone clarify for me which wire on the two wire looms that connect to the speedo is the live feed for the lights on the instrumentation panel?

Any help appreciated - will save me from a needle in a haystack luck dip exercise tomorrow morning. Even narrowing down which wire loom I should be focussing on - the one that connects above the fuel guage or the one that connects above the rev counter?

Thanks, Chris.

Return to “Techie Stuff”