How can you turn off those annoying bleeping sounds

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Sonatellas

How can you turn off those annoying bleeping sounds

Post by Sonatellas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi everyone we are new to all this. Our Bongo seems to have a reversing bleeper on it so when you reverse it bleeps. Anyway this is not so good when you are reversing late at night. Can you disable this. Also if you can are you allowed. Please help we have to keep finding large spaces to drive into late at night and this is not easy in Plymouth City. Thanks from the Sonatellas
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:43 pm

It only bleeps inside the vehicle, so you won't be upsetting anybody.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Sonatellas - to my surprise and great pleasure, I've found the Bonog to be one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) vehicle I've ever had to reverse and park. With no need for clutch control, a reversing mirror, excellent steering lock, and those big wing mirrors all I had to do was start to have confidence in using mirrors to reverse rather than looking round all the time. My only caution would be to practice with the reversing mirror, and adjust it for best view, as I've seen a lot of Bongos with damage to rear pillars, probably because the driver trusted the reversing mirror and missed the lamp-post that was just outside its field of view.

Happy parking

Mike 8)
Sonatellas

Thanks for that

Post by Sonatellas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks for that guys we will probably ask loads of questions to start with. While I am here can you hook up to the electric in the Bongo and how is this best done. Thanks
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 pm

you will need an electric hook up socket no your van which in turn is connected to a 3 pin socket for pluging in your items eg kettle,T.V. ect, there are quite a few threads on this already and more information in the members only area. ps welcome to the forum.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
Ozric

Post by Ozric » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:14 pm

Read the text if you want to stop just the reverse beeps.

http://www.bongoogle.co.uk/details.asp? ... 1&artID=41
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:11 pm

By 'eck Ozric we never had websites like yours when we were working on the old Morris 1000 forty odd years ago - wot a fantastic website 8)
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:16 pm

My first car was a moggie1000 I remember her well as we went over the 100,000 mile mark in a valley in wales. I were only 17 years old and still to lose my vir.............enough or the moderators will come a knocking. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:24 pm

aitch wrote:My first car was a moggie1000 I remember her well as we went over the 100,000 mile mark in a valley in wales. I were only 17 years old and still to lose my vir.............enough or the moderators will come a knocking. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Don't worry, no moderator's gonna believe that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
katandleeandkaitlin

Post by katandleeandkaitlin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 am

hi
there is an excellent video on http://www.youtube.com
type in mazda bongo in to the search and someone has posted a video of how to stop the beeps!!!!!
pippin

Post by pippin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:30 am

Be aware that the video on how to replace the fluorescent tube does not apply to later Bongos.
A totally different type is fitted which has all the pins at the same end of the tube.
Ozric

Post by Ozric » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:14 am

katandleeandkaitlin wrote:hi
there is an excellent video on http://www.youtube.com
type in mazda bongo in to the search and someone has posted a video of how to stop the beeps!!!!!
Don't go to youtube, go to Bongoogle as the text gives information not shown on the video clip.

Return to “Techie Stuff”